Friday, January 7, 2011

Winter is...

...the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
~Edith Sitwell

Winter weather in Pennsylvania can be ever-changing. We went from no snow....to a large amount of the soft, cold white stuff! It also looks, from weather reports, that more may be on the way! In the morning and through the day, I keep the woodstove loaded and tended to. Chris takes care of it when he gets home from work and then before bed. Such a wonderful blessing that woodstove is to us! :)

The electric went out again, yesterday. We also didn't have water for a bit. But all is working fine now, once again! :) I have talked to Chris and would love to get an indoor woodstove, as well. That way, we can stay nice and toasty inside...even if the electric isn't working.

I took some pictures around our home yesterday, to share...




Lots and lots of good books...

The upstairs half-bath, where I ripped carpet out of. The wood floors in there, although decent looking in the picture, aren't pretty....so I will paint over them in the spring.

In the kitchen...


Looking out the front window...from my desk...


The dining room...



And...I just had to share with you these shoes my mom got me for Christmas. (She got my sister a pair, as well). They are just wonderful! Comfortable and nice-looking. They work perfectly with most of my skirts! I wear them a lot! :)


I have been getting more questions in the Q and A post I did a while back. It's fun answering them! But...I just want to remind everyone, again, how terribly imperfect I am. Any and all good in me comes from Jesus Christ, Who dwells within my heart. I am just a simple woman...trying to serve others and live a life pleasing to my God. I don't do everything perfectly. I experience trials and frustrations just like everyone else. In some of the questions, I feel that I may be seen as a gal with *all* the answers and with amazing wisdom. In fact, I am just me, a child of God, who constantly runs after Him to ask forgiveness...or for wisdom or strength. Although my life is full of blessings and joy...please know it is *not* because of perfection on my part! It is from His great and wonderful love and grace showered upon us. If you haven't read my post "Imperfect Me...", I encourage you to. :)

I hope you will enjoy a wonderful weekend ahead. I pray you are aware of the economic condition of our country and are preparing for the future wisely.

Dear friends of ours, are treating Chris and me for supper this evening at Red Lobster. (Isn't that terribly sweet of them?) I have never been there before. I don't like seafood...but I hear they have good chicken there, as well! I am looking forward to the fellowship, laughter and good food! My parents said they would watch our children...which they (Pop-Pop, Grammie AND the children) all look forward to! :)

***All the blessings we enjoy are Divine deposits, committed to our trust on this condition, that they should be dispensed for the benefit of our neighbors. ***
~John Calvin
Warmly,
Katy :)

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

16 comments:

  1. hey babe', really enjoyed ur country blossom pic's n word today~ ur a sweetie darlin n i'm so glad we are gettin the chance to know one another~ ur home is lovely~ so love to come visit u someday i'm off~ God is good n He has made in u a beautiful soul~ love you, shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is so warm and cozy. You have some lovely things and you're good at arranging them. It seems restful and pleasant. Good job!
    Have a wonderful time out tonight!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics always want to make me clean and organize:) Enjoy your dinner out and stay warm, we got a nice dumping of snow overnight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to love Red Lobster's biscuits! :) Yum!
    Have a great time--love the snow pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy Red Lobster...it is a fun place to go. You deserve a nice night out to dinner.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog posts always make me feel so warm and cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been visiting your blog for some time now and I never get tired of the photos you post of your home. It's so warm and cozy. You should be very proud.
    Hugs,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having your own well is such a blessing - until the electricity goes out! I love the Edith Sitwell quote - it's so perfect for a cold snowy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is so lovely! Have a wonderful time at Red Lobster! I had to laugh because I don't eat seafood either, but they do have good chicken and you will LOVE their cheddar cheese bisquits, soooo good! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so nice to have friends like that.We have a stove in the house and we have chosen to keep it inthe house BC of power outages and the price of gas.
    BLessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so picture perfect
    so warm and cozy Created with Love...

    Have enjoyabel evening....
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun. I have never ate at Red Lobster. I have wanted to for a long time. You got to let me know what you think of it. An inside wood stove would be nice. I think wood heat is so warm. I hope some day we will have it. Looks like you have your own library there. Maybe you could touch up the wood floor with MINWAX wood sheen rubbing oil stain & finish. I use it on mine. I rub it on the floor with a soft lint free cloth. It takes a while to dry. I get it at Lowes in the paint department. You can see my wood floors in my last few posts. Just a thought in case you might like stained. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Katy, nice pictures of your sweet home. the thing I like the most about your blog is the message you are giving us about faith, how you trying to live your day to day life conect with God if we have little faith and trust in Him we'll some how manage our lives better..no matter what comes in our way. wish you and your beatiful family a blessed new year

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katy, I was looking at some of your pictures today, to be honest I was looking for ideas to change up my house a bit. I am a candle lover, soft light and country decor lover so your house is perfect to me! I enjoy your warm inviting pictures and look forward to see your updated posts. I am glad you were not badly effected by the storm (Sandy)! I live in Ohio and we actually were effected greatly by wind because of the lake. We did not have power for 44 hrs but I am grateful we have it now as many are still without in my area and many others. I am thankful we are all alive and safe. Cant wait to see more pics thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad to hear you have your power on! We were so blessed not to lose it! :) I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit me here! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy