Monday, January 17, 2011

Written on my Heart

Write on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


With the sickness past (except for a bit of rumbly-in-my-tumbly that is still hanging around), we are falling back into the sweet motions of our days. Blankets and clothes have all been laundered and bed sheets changed, ready to welcome me between their warm fleece-y softness. :)

To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy…is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here are some pictures of the beautiful treasures that make my life a joy to live. Also...words of encouragement between...simple thoughts stated by another that I enjoy and think that maybe, you will too! :)

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
~Marcel Proust


Bright-eyed Jaxson...sitting with Madelyn who is fingerknitting...


It is pleasing to God whenever thou rejoicest or laughest from the bottom of thy heart.
~Martin Luther



A page written by Madelyn...although difficult to read in this picture...it's a beautiful story of God's love and our love of Him!

The basket boys...on patrol! (The clothes hangers are the bows and the pencils are the arrows. The rulers are the swords!)


These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
~Jesus Christ (John 15:11-12)





I have been knitting some basic dishcloths as a gift...

So we continue on...through our days with housework, schooling, games, laughter and *life*.

Practices, for our church's annual Passion Play that we are involved in each year, will be starting soon. We stay busy in the months before Easter. We are also looking forward to the fact that my sister is due to have her first child in the next two weeks (or maybe sooner!). Each day is such a gift, isn't it? :)

My heart is full...truly!

Well, although I have so much I would love to share and ramble on about, as I can often do, I am going to go now. My bed looks wonderfully warm and comfortable and I am ready to snuggle in with a good book (although with how tired I am...I may not get many pages read!). I'm so glad you took the time to stop by and visit me! Thank you, also, for all the prayers and well wishes with our terrible sickness! Each one reached the Maker and we are very grateful! I hope you have a lovely week ahead!

Warmly,
Katy :)

16 comments:

  1. All such beautiful treasures. I am glad you are feeling better. You have such a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just precious!! I love visiting your blog and seeing your home. It fills my soul with such peacefulness. Your family is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are all feeling better! Now my kidlets are sick with the same!!!
    My little 2 year old just planted a kiss on my cheek....and I had to stop to love on her...she is delicious! Just had to share:):):)

    Anyhow...I gave myself permission to start over blogging....my new blog is public so you can find it in my profile. Your blog is an encouragement to me to simply live life and enjoy it!....you can read more on that there if you choose to visit:)

    have a great sleep in them flannel sheets:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and enjoyed reading your post! Looks like you have a beautiful home and family. Glad you are all feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God the sickness has passed. So touching how Madelyn wrote a story about God. It was to light for me to read. I am sure it was a blessing. In reading your blog I have seen she has such a gental spirit. The boys at play is so cute. What the imagination can come up with. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy..........I am over at our son's house tonight. They are watching KU.........I am blog hopping a bit. I am soooooo enjoying myself. Had to stop by and say hello. Adorable children you have........I remember the days when I had little ones at home.....teaching. Loved it........wish I could have days like that again.

    Blessings and sorry you were all not feeling well. Glad things are looking better for your family!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're all feeling better. That bug seems to be making the rounds. Your bed looks very comfy. I love the quilt in the picture.

    Looks like the kids are getting back to normal. That's always a blessing. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those 'basket boys!' What fun! Children's creativity is so amazing!

    Glad you are all feeling much better.

    Your bed looks so inviting, no wonder you couldn't wait to get in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the boys are so funny... LOL!

    glad you're all getting back to normal... thank goodness i didn't have the baby while you were all sickies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you all are feeling better. What cozy pictures. I love the pictures of the boys. My husband adn younest was playing with hangers the other night and they had them hanging on them and calling each other partners. They were hunting lions. It made me laugh and think about it when I saw your to sweeties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you all are feeling better! May God Bless your week ahead! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful. Glad you are all on the mend. Such a joy it is to read your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there Katy!

    Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday. Glad to see that you guys are feeling better! (:

    Smiles and well wishes sent your way!

    Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came over to your blog from Rosie's Ramblings and had to laugh when I saw the picture of the dish cloths! I posted about those today as well! Aren't they wonderful? I love being able to see the reward for our efforts so quickly. It is a very rewarding project that is very useful as well.
    Your blog is lovely.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad your family is feeling better!

    It's always nice to get back to normal after something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gla youre all well..
    lovely pics of the children..
    pretty dishcloths..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy