Monday, January 24, 2011

She's Here!

Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possibility.
~Unknown



Oh how my heart rejoiceth! I feel as though words cannot properly describe the amount of joy in my heart. My baby sister had a **baby**! I am so thrilled to report that I now have a niece!

Perfection is not good enough of a word to describe her. Her skin is silky, soft. Her eyes were open, wide taking it in. She is a thumb-sucker...which I find to be an endearing quality since I was an avid thumb-sucker as a babe as well! ;)

I could have held her for hours. Her tiny baby-ness was such a wonderful treasure to hold. I am also thrilled to report that *I* am definitely her favorite aunt! (The fact that I will be her only aunt has really nothing to do with it ;). Oh...and when I gave the call and Madelyn found out that she had her first ever girl-cousin...she was yelling with joy and jumping up and down! (Don't tell the baby this...but X cried. He was hoping for a boy cousin. I told him that so far, he already has three boy cousins and that it was time Madelyn had a girl cousin of her very own! ;)

Her name, you ask? Oh...my deepest apologies...I just had to spend the first part of the post describing her baby-perfection! ;) So without further ado...I would like to introduce my gorgeous niece, Eloise. :)

Here is my honey...snuggling sweet Eloise. Look at her eyes. She's just taking him in. I have a feeling she just *knows* that he is gonna be the best uncle! ;)

Cory (my sister, Devon's husband) and his family...

My mom with her second granddaughter...

My dad, talking with Eloise (who listened very intently, I might add!)...

Devon was such a trooper my mom said. She did wonderfully! What a fantastic mama she is going to be! :)

Of all the joys that lighten suffering earth, what joy is welcomed like a newborn child?
~Dorothy L. Nolte

Thank you, for sharing in this joy with us. New life is such a beautiful thing, isn't it? :)
My cup runneth over!

With a glad and thankful heart,
Katy :)


He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

35 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures but the picture of your dad and the baby is precious. The expression on his face tells just how much he adores her already. It's amazing that she latched on to that thumb so soon.

    My 85 year old sister is named Eloise and you seldom hear that name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is blessed to have you as an aunt, Katy. She is so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of her sucking her thumb just melted my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! She is so precious! Give her a squeeze for me!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, a girl cousin! How precious and sweet!

    She is so alert in the photos! And the thumbsucking! When my Lindsay was born she popped her thumb in her mouth and the nurses said "Oh she's done this before!" In the womb of course!

    Congratulations to your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, welcome baby Eloise!! Precious and beautiful, a gift from above....I am SO happy for you all! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Auntie Katy! She is just beautiful and I love the name. Being an aunt to my sister's four daughters has given me so much joy. Enjoy that sweet little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! to you all.... she is beautiful! And it's easy to see all the love she was born into! May God bless sweet Eloise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations...she's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is oh so very adorable! =) Congrats! She has an awesome name!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo, so BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations to ALL of you!

    Funny - - our only girl, when almost five at the time, cried when she learned our youngest was a boy. (:

    Smiles & well wishes sent your way!! (: (: (:

    Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful Blessing she is to your family!! Congratulations to you all!<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to your family! She's a beautiful baby and I like her name!

    I love that people are going back to old fashioned, beautiful names -my pastor's new granddaughter was named Violet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Aunt Katy!!! she is just beautiful, so happy for your sister and the whole family, thanks for sharing her with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the arrival of your precious niece, Eloise!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's perfect! I'm so happy for you all! So much joy on everyones face for the new baby....as it shpould be. simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to your sister for such a lovely little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is wonderful news for this day! Congratulations to all of you. I am glad that Madelyn has another girl in the family. She is beautiful, her color is wonderful, and love the thumb sucking. You are all so blessed.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!!! What a pretty baby!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How sweet!! She is a beautiful gift from God :) Congratulations to everyone!! May she grow strong and wise in the nurture and admonition of our Lord :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for the pics! I was so...happy doesn't begin to describe it...overjoyed to hear that Devon and baby were doing great and it was a BEAUTIFUL baby girl!!!!! I can't wait to see many more pics in the future! Congrats Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eloise is just so precious and what a wonderful, wonderful blessing!! Congratulations, Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to Devon & Cory & all of Eloise's family. Of course you are her favorite Aunt. Now you get to spoil her. Wonderful family photos. Eloise is a blessed beautiful wee one. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. She's cute as a button. Congratulations Auntie!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations Katy, specially to this Babys' parents.lei é una Stella polare

    ReplyDelete
  27. Of course she is beautiful! Congradulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  28. She is beautiful!! Congratulations to all!!

    many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations to you your Family
    she is beautiful.....Enjoyed all
    the pictures thanks so much for
    sharing with us all...
    Rejoring with you all....
    Blesisngs / Hugs
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations to you and your family! You will be a wonderful Aunt! She is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations Katy ~ what a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful name ad she's funny and beautiful.

    Congratulatios!

    Eveline!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations! Many Blessings! What a beautiful name! God is soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations!!! She is so precious.... love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy