Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year!

Our New Year's Eve night of popcorn, movies and games with the children didn't happen...at least for me. I ended up with a terrible headache...not the worst migraine I have ever had...but definitely pain that put me into tears. Chris sent me to bed at 6pm and there I stayed...bringing in the New Year, sleeping. He and the children enjoyed some popcorn and a movie though!

I awoke on the first day of 2011 with a residual headache...but it drifted away as they day wore on. I was so dissapointed about missing the evening I had planned...so we planned a fun New Year's *Day* instead! Late in the morning...our electric went off. So we enjoyed a *no-electric-day* for a good chunk of the day.

Jaxson and Madelyn...

Not only was the electric out, but it was a cloudy, gray day! So in order to wash up in the bathroom...oil lamps were put to good use!

Games were played...

Coffee was made...**olllld** style...(so thankful for a gas stove/oven)...

Creativity flowed as pictures were drawn and colored...

Chris worked with his leather stuff...


Playing cowboys and gals...resting up~

Ruthie enjoyed some *rest*...


Around the middle of the afternoon, the electric was back on!

Jaxson in his *new* shoes...

We got out a movie to watch and popped popcorn, which we grew in our garden! It was wonderful! There is something about our own, homegrown popcorn that makes it just taste better! :)

We finished the evening by playing the game Wits and Wagers! We had so much fun! At many points, I was laughing so hard, I could barely catch my breath!

It was a truly wonderful day and will be a beautiful memory that I treasure as the years go by! :)
I hope you brought in the New Year with ones you love the very most. I hope you were able to make wonderful memories!

We started back to schooling work today...and I have been working at doing a bit of rearranging/organizing lately, as well. There are still many things that need done...so I need to go! Thank you for visiting. I always appreciate your kind comments and emails...and just that you take the time to read and *visit* me!

Wishing you a beautiful week ahead!
Katy :)


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

18 comments:

  1. Looks like you made the best of your electric free day. It's always so good when the power comes back on.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. snazzy sneakers!

    why in the world did your electric go out? weird.

    hard to believe the holidays are over and it's 2011 already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the simplest things make the best memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED the post. Truly.
    God Bless your new year, Katy!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fought some headaches, too, over the holidays. I think mine were do to more sugar than I am used to. :( Gald you are doing a bit better. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no...feeling so sick on new years eve is no fun! So glad though your hubby was able to be home to send you off to bed and that he is so loving to carry on the celebration with your children!

    A no electricity day sounds like something you might enjoy:) Looks like you all did and made the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those horrid migraines. I used to have them something awful. (between you and me - mine disappeared once I had a hysterectomy) but in the meantime they say if you eat green apples it may help.
    Love how you spent your New Years Day making memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you and yours, Katy! I'm sorry you had such a rough New Year's Eve.
    I wish you all the best in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Katy!
    Wishing you a blessed and wonderful New Year filled to the brim with God's blessings!
    Thank you for being such an encouragement!♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you remain positive when things don't go to plan.

    Sorry to hear about your migraine....have you tried having your eyes tested? Once I started wearing my glasses full time, my migraines settled down a lot and I only get occasional milder ones now.

    Lovely photos of everyone, so content with simple pleasures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry you had such a terrible headache! Darrell has migraines from time to time and I know how horrible they can be.

    Looks like you made the best of it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful memories you are making in your home for your kids. Sometimes a day without electricity is an education in itself:D
    Like you, we've held onto our gas oven AND installed 2 gas log heaters to keep us warm when we are 'electrically' challenged. It has paid off on 2 occasions!
    Wish we could go back and live some of our kids childhoods again. I will rejoice if I ever have grandkids!
    Have a great week!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like some good memories were made. Sorry about the headache, glad you could rest and take care of yourself. Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry you weren't feeling well. Terrible headaches are the pits! I use to get them often; stress related. Thankfully my stress has lessened and I don't have them often.

    I have always wanted to grow popcorn, but the squirels and racoons are brutal around here! Glad you made the best of your electric free day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful memories you guys made on New Year's day. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel well the evening of New Year's eve but you made up for it the next day. I just wanted to let you know that I used your blog in a post of mine today and I hope it was ok if not I can take it down. You are such an inspiration to me and my family that I wanted to share your blog with ours. Thank you for writing such an encouraging blog from the bottom of my heart. Happy New year from my family to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a blessed day you all had..
    happy new year..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Most definitely a beautiful day!Adorable pictures of the kids, and the warm glow of the lamps added to the charm!Glad you shared it. I know you made special memories that day!
    ~~Jackie~~Louisiana Bayou Lady

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy