Saturday, January 15, 2011

On The Mend

Well, the bug that Jaxson had that I mentioned HERE, captured the rest of us as well. X came next, followed by Madelyn. They were sick around the same time...which was difficult! I needed four hands rather than two! I would pray over them and sing hymns to them. It's hard to watch them be so miserable!

Jaxson had most of his energy back and enjoyed playing while the other two were sick and I cared for them.

Thursday night, I began to feel sick as well...and was sick all night and into Friday morning. Chris was going to stay home from work Friday to help care for the children since I was out-of-sorts...but then *he* started to feel sick too! It has been a crazy past few days!

When I had a few moments where the nausea had passed...I would spend it in prayer or reading...usually not long though before sickness set in again. I *am* close to finishing Passionate Housewives Desperate for God...and it is an absolutely wonderful read!

We are now all on the mend, albeit slowly! Our menu has consisted of ginger ale, crackers, toast and popsicles. I have been up since early this morning...it felt nice to take a hot shower. I have been doing lots of laundry, dishes and sanitizing everything!

We are so thankful for all the prayers and well-wishes for Jaxson. He recovered quickly and I must say, poor guy, has been quite bored around here with everyone else being down and out! :)
We will be taking things nice and easy the next day or two. I will continue to get the house in order and also take time to rest. :)

And before I go...I just had to share this sweet love note from Xavier to me...

It makes my heart **sing**!

I pray this stomach bug doesn't visit us again (ever!) and I hope none of you are having to suffer with it, as well. It's a nasty little sickness who shows no mercy!

Slowly on the mend,
Katy


And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

20 comments:

  1. Ack!! Sorry you've all been sick... how HORRIBLE!!! I hate the stomach flu!! Glad things are looking up... but def still take 'er easy!

    (love that note from X!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers your way for a quick recovery for all! I had a round of something last week but it only lasted a couple days, hopefully yours will move on just a quickly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't sound fun at all, so sorry you all had to deal with this virus.

    I'm not sure how ou feel about suppliments, but I just feel led to share this with you. We've been taking Vitamin D3 for over a year now and since taking NONE of us has been ill. Also I suffer from the seasonal depression( due to lack of sunlight in our winter) and this too has been 98% better this winter. The recommended dose for adults is 3,000 to 5,000 mgIU daily, you'd have to check for children.
    Another good item to have on had is Elderberry syrup( Sambucal, through the health food stores), it's a wonderful immune builder and especially against flu.

    Glad you're all on the mend, PTL it didn't last any longer.
    Blessings,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not fun when mother's down! I always tell people..."I cant afford to be sick":):) Imagine what the stomach bug is like here with eleven people!!!!!!!!! NO FUN I tell ya!
    Hope you all will be back to normal soon...thanks for the update...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that you've all been sick! I'm glad that you're on the mend, however. Continue to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my kids were little I could always tell when they were going to be sick by the glassy appreance of their eyes. All three had it. So sorry to hear y9ur family has been hit by the dreaded bug. Prayers for God's healing power as His Will be done. 'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my kids were little I could always tell when they were going to be sick by the glassy appreance of their eyes. All three had it. So sorry to hear y9ur family has been hit by the dreaded bug. Prayers for God's healing power as His Will be done. 'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor things. Stomach bugs are the worst!

    Hope you all are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you've been all sick!!!!
    Sending you my prayer over the sea.
    Blessings from France

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it is like the one we had in November, it was horrible....truly.

    I am glad you're on the mend.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stomach bugs are horrible! All three of us had it this spring. Hope you are all feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you all are feeling better. We had sickness to. Just the cold kind. Hope the other doesn't visit. Hope all of you mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so hoping you wouldn't all get sick! UGH!!! I am really glad you are on the mend. The note from X was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hardly know of a home that has been untouched by the viruses floating around. We too had something; it was shortlived but effective! Hope you're all on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy,
    Glad to hear you all are on the mend! You certainly take wonderful and loving care of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Katy,
    It really sounds as if you had a really rough couple of days. Will be thinking of you and saying little prayers for you all. Get well soon.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katy, wow I am so sorry your family has had that nasty bug, ours has had it as well. I would almost rather have anything else instead of the stomach bug. And it is so hard to see the little ones suffer through it!

    I have been to your blog before but I must have forgotten to follow you and I had been wondering if you were posting. I really enjoyed seeing your home and reading about your family. Well tonite I saw your blog listing on another and clicked on it so happy to find you!

    Its really nice to see your sweet family again. I hope you all get to feeling better and all is well soon! take care and many blessings! Marla

    ReplyDelete
  18. I pray that everyone starts feeling better soon Katy. I am so glad that everyone is starting to heal from that terrible stomach bug. But I do pray for a fast and speedy recovery for both you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We had that nasty icky tummy bug in the spring and it took us all down over here so I do know how you were feeling and what you went through cause my 3 yr old recovered before us.

    Hope you all continue to stay on the mend and are back to normal real soon.

    Take it easy and rest. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    Hugs,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hoping today finds you better than yesterday! May the Lord give you just what you need today to accomplish what is needed! Praying for you and yours, Katy!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy