Monday, January 10, 2011

The Right Path

Psalm 148

Praise the LORD.

Praise the LORD from the heavens;
praise him in the heights above.
Praise him, all his angels;
praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
Praise him, sun and moon;
praise him, all you shining stars.
Praise him, you highest heavens
and you waters above the skies.

Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for at his command they were created,
and he established them for ever and ever—
he issued a decree that will never pass away.

Praise the LORD from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,
lightning and hail, snow and clouds,
stormy winds that do his bidding,
you mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars,
wild animals and all cattle,
small creatures and flying birds,
kings of the earth and all nations,
you princes and all rulers on earth,
young men and women,
old men and children.

Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for his name alone is exalted;
his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.
And he has raised up for his people a horn,
the praise of all his faithful servants,
of Israel, the people close to his heart.

Praise the LORD.

Some decisions in life can be very difficult to make. You pray for guidance and wisdom...not wanting *emotions* to make a decision for you. You ask your husband as well as closest friends and loved ones what they feel is the right action to take. Then...you just have to take the leap and do what seems to be the best choice.

This is what I have had to do many times in life...but also very recently about something. I pray the right decision has been made and that He, Who loves me most, agrees. I never want to let anyone down or not finish something I started out to do...but difficult circumstances makes that challenging and stressful. So...I make the decision to let that particular stress go...take the leap...and feel a weight lifted from my shoulders.

Through it *all*...I love Him and praise Him. For no matter the trials and stress that appear in our lives, He is always constant and good. He is perfect and our *very present help in time of need*. No matter what the decisions you are facing may be...let Him be your Guide. For He always knows the *right* path to choose! :)

We had a nice time at Red Lobster with friends last Friday evening. I probably won't go there again...the chicken *was* good...but with my picky tastebuds, there wasn't much to pick from on the menu (it's definitely a seafood lovers dream!). The conversation and fellowship was just wonderful though! We are so blessed to have good friends. :) My parents kept the children for the few hours we were gone.

When we got there to pick them up, Madelyn and Xavier were playing...

And the littlest love was fast asleep!

I am thrilled to report that my sewing machine is all fixed and oiled and ready for use! I was anxious to get started...

...so I made a small pillow for one of Madelyn's dolls. A small project, yes. But just the thing to get my itching fingers a chance to sew! :)


A new week ahead with much to do.
Always hoping your weeks are filled with warmth and joy.
Thank you for visiting me. :)

Kindly,
Katy :)

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

10 comments:

  1. looks like your machine has that bobbin set-up like mine. you put the thread in the bobbin hole... wrap the thread around that thing on the left... put the bobbin on the little post and push the post to the right. then press your pedal to fill the bobbin..... does that make sense? (at least that's how it looks from the picture... but i could be wrong!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cheerful fabric on the pillow. I am itching to bring out my sewing machine. I told myself that it has to stay in the closet until I get some things cleaned and organized. Hoping that will make me work faster!

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make time to sew soon. I love to see projects, mostly simple, come together into something to wear or use in my home.

    I found the same problem at Red Lobster - if you don't like seafood, there isn't a lot to choose from! :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to be a picky eater as well. I guess, there really isn't anything like your own home cooking. I do like going out on occasion, but find myself disappointed in the expense of it all.

    Cute little pillow, bet your daughter was so happy. My sewing machine and many projects that have been shuffled to the side await me, one of these days...

    Blessings,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree w/you about Red Lobster, Katy....I'm allergic to shellfish and am not fond of regular fish...and well, would rather go another venue. Glad the company was good, tho! :D

    You're an inspiration, woman! May the Lord continue to lead and guide you and thanks for sharing from your heart!

    And I love the little pillow....makes me want to get out my fabric and create something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a hard decision to make, but made it with much peace.
    Glad you had a great time out, but I am like you I don't like fish or seafood so it would not be a place for me either!
    Your little loves are growing so much, and look to be very happy and content!
    Happy sewing to you, I someday would like to conquer the sewing machine!!LoL!! have a wonderful week!!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes things are not so clear and we stepout in faith! hope that whatever the issue is it will soon be resolved!

    Sewing is so fun! my poor machine needs to be serviced too:) I'm afraid there are many dust bunnies within:)

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post.:-) glad you liked Red lobster and had a good evening. For me i am not a seafood lover either, I go for the biscuits, lol.
    Hope all is well with you concerning your decision. Love Madelyn's pillow. My daughter wants to make her own dolls and dresses so we have much to learn. Sewing is not a skill I've mastered yet, but i do have a sewing machine1 LOL
    Have a great night!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a nice evening out. I just love the doll pillow!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy