Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Evening with Friends

This past Saturday evening, after attending a birthday party for my nephew, we joined friends for a fun time of bowling! (This was pre-baby...if you aren't sure of what I mean, please see THIS post about my beautiful, brand-new niece, Eloise!)

*I* am an absolutely terrible bowler. I scored a 78. I kept insisting that I needed to bowl on the lanes with the children, who had the bumper bar thingys up...however, Chris and our friends didn't agree. (I am happy to say, though, that 3 out of the 4 of us adults didn't break a score of 100! ;)

This was our friends' daughter's first time bowling. She was so cute. She wanted to go *with* the ball! There she goes...


Chris and Jaxson...

Jaxson, all on his own...


Miss Madelyn...

Xavier's turn!...


We had a really nice time. We all only played one game...the baby was tired. (And...I will admit, I was quite sleepy too! ;) There's my friend, Jenny, after taking her turn (she and I tied in score!)...
Chris and I are just so thankful for good friends. God has introduced many different couples over the past couple years to us. Friends full of faith, values, laughter and who share our love of God, family and good old-fashioned fun! :) Chris and I actually prayed, years back, asking God to put good friends in our path...and He heard and answered. We are so grateful. Good friends are so valuable.

A friend loveth at all times...
~Prov. 17:17a

And quickly, before I go, I wanted to share that I got the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I am halfway through. It is an amazing book so far. God has gifted her with a unique ability to beautifully describe things. If you can, I encourage you to buy it or borrow it. It is something you need to read. Let God use Ann's words to touch your heart! :)

Ann asked her readers to send her a picture of themselves with her book. Here is mine....(please don't ask me how many times I took this picture to finally get one that looked half-decent! ;)

We have been staying busy this week. Schooling, bread-making, cookie-making, housework, laundry and the like. We may take a trip to the library this afternoon. I haven't gotten to see my sister and Eloise, again, yet. But hopefully will get to make a trip to see them soon. How I love them...such a gift they are to me. A beautiful and loving sister, a caring and devoted brother-in-love and a soft, gorgeous niece....treasures. Truly. :)

I am hoping you are enjoying your week. May it be full of joy and love! Thank you, for visiting!
Warmly,
Katy :)

He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

9 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a really fun evening - Good friends are always a blessing and I'm glad that you have great friends to spend quality time like that with. Great pictures!

    I hope you have a blessed week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the bowling, but drop that down about ten points! I'm positivly hopeless! So glad you were able to have a wonderful time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't bowl well, but it is fun! I can't wait to dive into Ann's book. I am waiting on a swagbucks giftcard so I can order it.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful that you have good friends to enjoy life with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh yeah. When I was on a church bowling team years ago, I had an average of ....72.
    So don't feel too bad. I'm a big fan of gutter guards!
    Love the picture of you, Katy. You look beautiful. As you do in your header. Your daughter has your beautiful smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings! I just recently found your blog and had to tell you how much I love it! Your heart for your family and home are inspiring. I look forward to going back and reading over more of your older posts! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a warm and beautiful blog, thank you for sharing, and may God richly bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy