Sunday, January 23, 2011

Almost Time!

Hello friends! 

It's a gorgeous winter day in January. The sun is shining brightly and although still super cold out, it's super warm where I sit. Unlike my usual location for blogging (home), at present, I am an hour away from my home, legs stretched out on a chair in front of me with my mom's laptop on my lap. I am in the waiting room of the hospital my sister is in....where she is preparing for the birth of her first child! Oh the wonder and excitement of it all! Last update I have gotten from my mom, is that she is 7-8 cm dialated! 
I am terribly excited to meet my newest niece or nephew! What a treasured gift children are! My sister is staying strong and I am just so proud of her! :) The seemingly long trials of labor are but a mere blip on the screen of life...and the grand result of this difficult time is a gorgeous gift of life. 

Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord; and the fruit of the womb is His reward.  ~Psalm 127:3


I look forward to when I can do an *update* post and share our joy with you! 

With joy and lots of smiles, 
Katy :)



He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

11 comments:

  1. "A woman, when she is in labour, hath sorrow, because her hour is come; but when she hath brought forth the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world." John 16:21
    I always carry that verse with me when in labor!
    Congratulations to your sister. She should be very very close now if she was at 7-8 at 4:30. I pray all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope things are continuing to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness how exciting. I am so excited and can't wait to see the baby. It has been fun followign along with her through blogland. I guess she is going to go a little eary. I thought it would be maybe another 2-3 weeks like she said. Congratulations and best wishes for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting!! There's nothing better or more precious on this earth! My husband and I are blessed with four children, but I still remember crying and being so emotional when my brother (only sibling) and his wife had their first child. Best wishes to your family Katy. Hope all is well! (: (: (:

    Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing! I will be in prayer that all goes well and soon you will be welcoming this new precious child into your family, one that is so evidently filled with much love! : )
    Of course we will be anxiously waiting! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new life! What a wonderful birthday it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!

    Can't wait to hear whether you are an aunt or an uncle! hee hee just an old family joke!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings and Congrats...
    waiting for the good news....

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy