Saturday, January 22, 2011

Freezing Outside; Warm & Cozy Inside

We have continued to get more snow...daily! It is so beautiful to watch as it gently falls to the ground making a nice, thick blanket. It's so soft and fluffy! The children have loved it...and are out, as I type, making the most of it! Each one is suited up tight, snowsuits, coats, hats, gloves, boots and lots of layers underneath! Watching Jaxson move in his get-up makes me giggle! To a small creature he must probably look like a giant, black, marshmallow man!

The older two children have enjoyed the snow, this year, much more than Jaxson. He is more of my indoors fella, which is okay! Today, the sun is shining bright and Madelyn and Xavier convinced him of all the fun he was missing out on...and to my surprise, he decided to go out! So we got him all suited up and out he went! :)

Yesterday, my little sweethearts, X and Madelyn, were out shoveling the driveway. They love doing it and love knowing they have done something productive. Well, bless their sweet little hearts...not long after they were out doing that, then my kind father-in-love came over with the tractor to give the driveway a good plow-out for us. All their work was done-away-with. I assured them that they had done such a good job and how much I truly appreciated it, though! :)

It's much *warmer* to take pictures of the super cold snow, when indoors! ;)


We have been busy with our normal days. I found a new way that I will be recording our homeschool work. I discovered the **free** basic edition of Homeschool Tracker. I was doing everything, previously, written by hand. We are halfway through our school year and now I am inputting all the children's previous assignments/accomplishments and such, in the computer. It's been quite tedious (as I have over 90 days worth of things I have to put in!) but well worth it, I am sure. It will look so nice, printed out and turned into the school in our portfolio at the end of the year. If you home-educate your child(ren), how do you plan/record?

Tonight, we will be celebrating our nephew's 1st birthday! What a sweet little guy he is! What joy he has brought to the family! We love him so! And...we are still eagerly awaiting the newest little one that is nestled inside of my sister's womb! Soon, yes soon! It's difficult to be patient! I am so anxious to meet him or her! :o)

The nutty-nutcracker-extrordinaire...

Madelyn as a young pioneer gal, with her belongings packed up...


Tacos, for supper last night!

Evening games...


Well, I really must go...I have gifts to wrap, lunch to make, housework to finish, and books to read! I am also looking forward for the mail to arrive. I ordered lovely Ann's book and am anxiously awaiting its arrival!

Wishing you each a beautiful weekend. Thank you, so much, for visiting. :)
Warmly,
Katy :)

He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

10 comments:

  1. Your day looks a lot like mine. We also enjoyed a taco dinner and then some game time and reading. We have had about five new inches of snow since Thursday. It is very cold, but so pretty with the sun shinning.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mad's pioneer outfit is cute! looks like she has fun with it!

    i am so tired of the SNOW!!! being cooped up stinks! but i guess i can't complain too much. it could always be worse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nutty nutcracker and pioneer girl, too cute;) I found out I am going to be a grammy in early sept. and can't wait to have a little one again:D Stay warm, it is COLD today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stars on your windows! How did you make them? I know my kids would love to put a few up on our patio doors. I noticed your sweet little chicken on the windowsill, I have a larger milk glass one that I keep on mine. I just love those little chickens <3
    What game are your kids playing? It looks like fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohh Katy, I really like the song playing on your blog - - so soothing; seems to go perfectly with the snow pictures!

    Keep warm! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of snow here in central PA too, just not as much as you have I think. Very cold today, but warm inside with freshly made bread,and banana bread made.

    Have a lovely weekend, Katy.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. KAty,I had tried the H Tracker at the first of the year BUT guess what I forgot to back it up onto a disk and one day I went to open it and it was GONE.Just some advice But other thatn that I really loved it and the price for FREE,yeah~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely deep blankets of snow!
    simply beautiful!
    Good to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely day! I enjoyed looking at all the cozy pics! I really like the warmth of summer, but the cold winter permits hibernation which summer does not!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy, I love reading yr blog. All that snow....helps me keep cool!! We are in the middle of our summer here in Western Australia and its awfully hot, I am so looking forward to the cooler weather. The Eastern side of Oz is under water at the moment with terrible floods, we were battling fires 100km south of us just a few weeks ago. One extreme to another.

    Thankyou for sharing your wonderful life and beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy