Friday, August 1, 2014

Xavier's Banjo Recital


Xavier had his first official recital last evening. While others played their fiddles and guitars, my boy is playing the banjo! It's so fun! While I took photos, Madelyn used my mom's camera to take video. You can watch it HERE if you want (it's only a minute and a half long).

In the picture above, X is sitting with my dad...just waiting for the recital to get started. Below he is with his teacher, preparing when he would play in the line up...


He played three songs and did so well. I was *beaming*...





Chris and Xavier (I love this picture!)...


My parents, sitting on the swing, watching the recital (Chris's parents, his sister and two of her children were there too! My aunt and uncle who lived nearby came by to watch as well!)...


The recital was held at a fun tourist attraction in our area. It has a petting zoo, mini-golf, driving range, restaurant, gift shop and *ice cream*...


Love that smile...


After the recital, the students got a ticket for a free ice cream cone! So, we all went over for ice cream. I must tell you a little funny. Chris, trying to be loving and considerate of me, said he wasn't going to have any ice cream since I don't eat it. I told him that just because I chose not to have it...doesn't mean he can't have the treat! He said if I could guess the flavor he would get that he would agree to get some. There were many flavors...but I guessed perfectly. :) He was surprised...although I don't know why! He should know how well *I* know *him*!


Jaxson, waiting his turn...


Madelyn loving some mint-chocolate-chip ice cream...



Visiting the goats before we left...


So, so cute!!


Now I must run! I wanted to post this quickly...now I have clothes to go hang out on the line, housework to do and mowing that needs done! We started our schooling yesterday...and planned on continuing today but Chris's parents needed Madelyn's help at the meat market. Since we do a big chunk of our schoolwork all together, it was silly to do any without her. We will either work on it this evening or begin again Monday. As much as I want to just keep going with it...I must learn to be flexible. Starting this early gives us more time to *be* flexible too...for days just like this. I just would have liked to get more schooling under our belts before we actually had to take a day off! Oh well! God is sovereign and He knows best...always...so we'll roll with it! I have plenty of other things to keep me busy today!

Tomorrow I teach a spin class in the morning and then it is meat-chicken-butchering day. Last time we did 50 chickens. I am glad that this time we only have 25 to do! :)

Have a great weekend! Thanks for dropping by!
Kindly,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, and well done to Xavier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some mint chocolate chip too Madelyn! That's my favorite ice cream as well. Way to go Xavier -- great job! (: Always enjoy all of your pictures Katy. Looks like a great time. Have a nice weekend!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy