Wednesday, August 27, 2014

May I ever be simple & content...

A rich young man came to ask of Christ:
“Good teacher, will you tell me
What must I do for eternal life?
I’ve kept your laws completely.”
“Sell all you have; give to the poor.
Then heaven’s treasure shall be yours.”
How hard for those who are rich on earth
To gain the wealth of heaven.
Now Jesus sat by the offering gate
As people brought their money.
The rich they filled the collection plate;
The widow gave a penny.
“Now she’s out-given all the rest;
Her gift was all that she possessed.”
Not what you give but what you keep
Is what the King is counting.
Oh teach me Lord to walk this road,
The road of simple living;
To be content with what I own
And generous in giving.
And when I cling to what I have,
Please wrest it quickly from my grasp.
I’d rather lose all the things of earth
To gain the things of heaven.
Yes, I’d rather lose all the things of earth
To gain the things of heaven.
SIMPLE LIVING (A RICH YOUNG MAN)
Written by: Keith Getty, Kristyn Getty, and Stuart Townend (emphasis: mine)

I love the song above. You can hear it beautifully sung by Kristyn Getty HERE. You'll enjoy it! I promise! How it reflects the desire of my heart... to truly be content and live simply ~ all to the glory of God!

He is no fool who gives what he cannot 
keep to gain what he cannot lose. 
~ Jim Elliot

A little bit of simple...


Sunny days usually mean that laundry is outside soaking in the sun...


We are still working on preparing for winter...


Simple spots around the house...



I found a fantastic way to store the school books we are currently using...


 On top are my files for each child that keeps any completed papers done this school year. In the box (which my parents got me for Christmas years ago) I keep our binders, answer keys, handwriting books and the like...



My window stars are getting quite faded...I'll have to make more soon...



More corners of my home...






Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.  I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
~ Philippians 4:11-13


My hope is that you can be content in whatever your situation is right now. Whether in want or in plenty...that you may keep your focus directed on Jesus Christ. Life's circumstances can keep us focusing on the flesh. To keep our focus on Christ can only happen if we spend much of our time in His Word and prayer! Hide His Word in your heart! One way to do that is through SEEDS family worship. My family and I love their CDs and I just ordered a couple more. Their songs are a GREAT way to memorize scripture!

Keeping it simple,
Katy


a-wise-woman-builds-her-home

5 comments:

  1. Seeing your wood pile; makes my cringe the upcoming cold weather. A few people have mentioned to me Central PA is forecasted for another cold winter - not a lot of snow but frigid conditions - like last winter.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever shown us how to make the window stars? I would love to watch you create them. They would look nice on my patio door. How do you secure them on there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Here is the link!

      http://countryblossom.blogspot.com/2010/10/window-star-tutorial.html

      Make sure you use kite paper and not tissue paper....tissue paper will rip! :)

      Delete
  3. So pretty, Katy! Your home looks welcoming and cosy. What a blessing you are to your family! I *love* that Jim Elliot quote...it is so very true! Hugs to you, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katy, Just wanted to visit you and your home sweet home blog! You are always so cozy and comfy for me! I just read through those last few posts. I love the brick wall it will be beautiful! Also, Your sharing about the overwhelming feelings you feel at times will help so many to go and get help! Many of truly precious Godly women need support!
    And how exciting to get a new washer, sounds like you got your money's worth from the last one :o)
    Happy Almost end of the summer! I really am so glad to have meant you dear Katy! Yours, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy