Friday, August 8, 2014

Preparing for Winter

When Chris got home from work last evening, we set to work on getting the woodshed filled for this upcoming winter. With this not-too-sweltering of a summer (remember those lovely temperatures I mentioned yesterday?), I am wondering if this winter is going to end up being bitterly cold? I pray we will get the woodshed (plus some) filled before winter sets in this year! 



The pretty-bare woodshed...


Ruthie...always close to me...


Chris splits, I stack! We make a good team! (The children usually help too...but they were helping my parents with their horse fences at the time)...


Pearl was there...eating up my over-grown raised beds...


Cash was there too...just laying around...




Starting to fill up...


We still have a ways to go to be prepared for winter...but we'll keep working on it! Physical labor is the best sort of work...exercising while accomplishing something! Such a great feeling! Not long after we stopped for the evening, my mom brought the children home. Before heading to bed for the night, we watched a Tim Hawkins movie (I have only just recently found out how funny he is! I have heard of him for quite some time but had never watched him before!).


Today, I woke early and headed to spin class. Now I am showered and helping the children with their schoolwork...which they are almost finished with. Jaxson is practicing his guitar as I type. I have another load of clothes to hang out on the line...so I best get moving.

I am continuing to keep the persecuted Christians around the world...are you?

How are you preparing for winter?

Warmly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. Morning to all of you! We also will need to start splitting wood also! We will need to get busy canning soon! We have had the wettest summer I can ever remember! Your dog Ruthie looks so sweet and is she your doggie, and you just share her? :o)
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to have all that lovely wood to burn through the cold winter months!! Such a blessing! Our boys have worked on chopping up wood for our fire, too....but, we don't rely on it for heat...just for fun. I love a crackling fire on the hearth....so cosy! Hugs to you, Katy! Many Blessings, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wondering what the winter will hold also. It has been a different summer with the cooler temps and frequent rain. My garden is just now starting to produce green beans. I am busy filling my pantry with home canned goodies and looking for meat sales to stock the freezer up. I like to be home as much as possible when it is cold and snow is falling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i came via the Farm acre Hop. nothing better than seeing a good wood stack ready for winter. here in Australia its winter and our stack is getting low, luckily winter is starting to wind down. i really like your clothesline :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling the need to begin preparing for winter, but I haven't begun yet.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy