Sunday, August 24, 2014

Celebrating Another Year!

I am officially another year older. My loved ones made sure to make me feel special. On my way to bed, last evening, I found this sign *from Xavier* hanging from my door...


Before your heart completely melts...be prepared! There's more of this beautiful love I have been shown! 

Xavier left this on the back door for me to find this morning...


**Sigh** I know...can you believe these kiddos are mine? Such beautiful hearts they have!

This was what Jaxson made me (notice anyone missing from the family?? Haha...somehow he was making this card for me...but forgot to add me *to* the card!)...


Madelyn wrote to me too...in all her thirteen-year-old sweetness...


 After worshiping and learning at church this morning...we went to a small picnic at my mom's (I know...if you read my previous post you'll know that picnics give me great anxiety...thankfully, this one was promised to be super small and low key so it wasn't stressful!). My sister and her family came for it as well as my Grammie (my mom's mom) and my Great Aunt Jo (she lives next to my parents and we just love her to pieces).

Eloise was full of cheer and happiness! When I came through the door of my parents' house she proclaimed excitedly, "It's your birthday, Aunt Katy!". She was so excited to tell me that there were even presents for me! ;) She graciously let me take her photo...


Dinah and Jaxson (I didn't use my flash in this picture..thus the blurry look)...


The girls just love Jax...


Madelyn and Dinah-girl...


Xavier (notice my boys shed their church shirts when we got there....probably a smart thing to do...they play rough!)....


My mom and sister made BBQ chicken, salad, canned corn (from the garden), baked potatoes and fruit! We ate outside and the weather was so lovely for an outdoor picnic!


Running and playing...


Cory and Chris...cooking the chicken and visiting...


Aunt Jo, Jaxson and El...





Since I don't eat cake...Eloise made me my own *calorie/sugar/fat free* cake...


Dinah got to take a turn in the wagon...


....and then, my photo card ran out of room. It's *full*....I believe I have over 6,000 or more pictures on it! I have been using the same card for over 5 years! This little SD card is holding memories from all through those years! I need to buy a new card....or at least a flash drive to transfer photos to so I can delete them from the card. Although I post a lot of photos here, I don't post *all* the photos I take....so I can't rely on my blog to hold all the pics. But...because the card was full, I couldn't take any more pics of the day! Bummer! I am thankful though...it was a nice time!

So now we are home, relaxing. I am looking forward to a nice, quiet, slow evening with those I love most. Although the older I get, the less I am worried about celebrating my birthday...it is nice when your family loves on you a bit! ;)

Thanks for stopping by to celebrate with us. :)

Off I go to enjoy time with my husband and children!

Warmly,
Katy

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Katy! It looks like you had a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Katy, sweet lady!! Glad you had a nice day!
    (( hugs ))

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Birthday wishes... sounds like your day was super Special.... and that it should be...

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an RN I can tell you anxiety and depression is very common. i take Lexapro Pamela in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an RN I can tell you that anxiety and depression are very common I take Lexapro. Pamela in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, you blessed mama!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy