Friday, November 18, 2011

Let Them Be Little

 But Yeshua said to them, “Let the children come to me and do not forbid them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.” 
~Matthew 19:14


Just some old photos...in no particular order...of just when each of my beautiful littles *were* little! They are *still* little, now, but looking back brings me joy and swells my heart to two-sizes-too-big! It also helps me to revel in the present and look forward to the future with these beautiful God-given gifts! Let them be little...


Xavier


Xavier...a wee bit littler!

Madelyn

Jaxson









King Jax



Baby Jaxson















Even our dog, Cash, used to be little!















Let them be little
'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise,
give them love every day,
Let them cry, let them giggle,
let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little.
~Billy Dean

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

11 comments:

  1. Sweet post, Katy!

    I often have wondered at the obsession to "adultize" our children. I think it may have to do with the parents wanting the kids to be older and move on...I have known folks who make their kids move out at 18 - ready or not, they are "done" being responsible for them!

    Makes my heart sad.

    As a mom who has 3 graduated from school (homeschool) and three still younger let me encourage you to savor every moment - it goes by in a flash!

    Blessings
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the pictures of your precious little one, what a blessing! This is a very happy post, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Katy, Your photos tell a story of happy and loved children...you are a wonderful Mom and it shows! Bless you dear friend. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what Loretta said!! These pictures warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious photos! Pictures tell alot and these tell the story of very happy well loved children! It makes me smile to see children being able to be children and not being pushed to grow up too fast. You and your husband are doing a wonderful job raising your children.

    Many blessings to you and yours,
    Mrs.Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this post! I love that song too!! And the pics of your littles are beautiful! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, Katy!
    I loved all the pictures. The smiles and the laughter shows how wonderfully happy they are, and blessed to have a Mom like you. Thanks so much for sharing. I needed a bit of a smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaahhww - - Precious!! There is absolutely nothing better!! (:

    Loved the post Katy! Thanks for sharing. Have a nice weekend with your wonderful family!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  9. these pictures made me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how adorable..such cutie pies..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy