Monday, November 28, 2011

Rainy Days

I have found, to improve moods on a rainy day, simply lighting a few candles helps immensely! It's been raining off and on a lot lately. I need some *sunshine*! Since, however, I don't have control over the weather, we have been filling the days with things to do in-doors. :)


Cape-making...


Game playing (and creating *new* rules for an old game)...


Story writing...


Bible reading...


Schooling and making doll clothes...




Making meals...


Housework and chores...


I also must admit, I am a sermon-junkie. It's true...I just can't help it. If I am on the computer, I am listening to a sermon. I also enjoy listening to them while doing housework (although sometimes it's hard to truly listen when I am busy....so slow instrumental music or worship music is enjoyed more when doing house-chores). Lately, I have been enjoying sermons (usually more than once) by Paul Washer, Voddie Baucham and Phil Johnson. These men are biblical and true to the Word of God. If you need filled with true biblical teaching...these men will feed you. **From my heart to yours...stay clear of Joel Osteen, Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyer, Rick Warren, Mark Driscoll and the like (Matthew 7:15).** 



Of course, learning from teachers is good...but nothing is better than being in the Bible for yourself. Are you in the Word? Do you realize what a beautiful gift it is? Yahweh, our Almighty Sovereign Creator, speaks to us through it. So many don't have the chance to actually read the Bible. I encourage you to read it, think on it, pray on it and read it some more....and then share it!


All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
~2 Timothy 3:16-17


Although it is still cloudy and wet out, there is a break in the rain...the children have taken that chance to go out doors to play for a bit. I have bread-making started and some more dishes to wash. Soon, it will be time to prepare supper and nestle in for the night as the darkness sets in. My-brave-hunter-Chris is out sitting in the woods, I mean: hunting, today. Some friends and family have gotten bucks already...but my sweet Chris hasn't snagged one yet. He was happy to see some but hasn't got a shot off yet.
Once it starts getting dark, Chris will head to his parents' meat market (where they do deer meat processing) to skin deer. The children like to help with that as well. Then *deer season* officially sets in for us. The men-folk do the cutting while Ma (Chris's mama) and I diligently get to meat-wrapping. It's a long and tiresome process! Hours of standing on cement floors is hard on this mama's body! I am, what most would consider, a young age of 30...but when I come home from helping there, I feel achy and *much* older! Oh, listen to me complain! It's nice being able to work together for a common purpose...it's just busy. I am thankful it is only for a season though...by the time deer season is over...we are all plum-tuckered-out!

I keep doing some chores and then coming back to the computer to type a bit. I now have bread rising, the floors are swept and most of the dishes are done...I also just cleaned out the compost bucket... *ewww* 'twas not a pretty smell! The children are back in now, from playing, and are watching a movie for a bit. I need to get moving...I have other things to accomplish today. **If you have time, and haven't yet, HERE is a great post from sweet, lovely Ann. :)

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. Rainy days are cozy to me when I can be snug inside and not have to get out in it! I love to have candles burning also especially on rainy or snowy days! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rainy days as well. Lighting the candles and enjoying the coziness of it all is good medicine for this heart! My son saw the photo of Madelyn in the Steelers shirt and decided she must be pretty cool since she's a fan too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy!

    Well, hope Chris gets his buck soon! (: Our 14 year old son just recently learned to shoot (late summer / fall). During his first time out (weekend hunt) he got a nice, young, six point buck. We were so excited for him and happy to have the meat! It makes him feel great to know he contributed to our meals . . . in a hunter/gatherer sort of way! (:

    There's been lots and lots of rain here too, so we've also been enjoying the oil lamp and candles . . . mmmmmm.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard for me to get motivated on rainy days! I just wanna relax and watch movies all day, I envy you for being able to get housework done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope he gets the meat! Tiring but worth it I'm sure!
    Your indoor pictures are so cozy! Even your cutting board speaks of warmth and home:)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy