Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Simple Busyness

“100 years ago, buying something you could make was considered wasteful; now making something you could buy is considered wasteful. I am not convinced this is a step in the right direction.”
~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee


It has been a while (a *long* while) since I have worked on this knitting project. It is a patchwork afghan for my sister and her husband. It was to be a wedding present...They have been married for over 2 1/2 years. Yes...it's taking me years! I set it aside to do other projects, sometimes, and then just don't pick it up again for a good, long while. I would really like to make some progress on it...actually, I would like to finish it! So, I have begun knitting another square!


Other projects I have been working on (these are crocheted)...


My first-ever crocheted flower...


We have had some rainy, chilly days here lately. The children have spent their time doing schoolwork, reading, playing and even squeezing in an occasional nap!




Sleepy boys (below)....it was actually quite dark in the room but the flash brightened it all up! These two were absolutely asleep though...the flash didn't even rouse them! Look at those bright pink cheeks of Jaxson's! ;)



I have been keeping busy with other things, as well. There is always laundry, house-keeping, children-raising, meal-making and so much more that keeps me on my toes. Often, though, I feel as though I get repetitive in my posts...since, truly, life is a constant journey of routine. I fear my tales of chores and homeschooling must get monotonous! Each day has it's special moments though...trials, frustrations, joys and memories...treasures that make every day unique!

I will be hosting a Thanksgiving meal, here at home, tomorrow! I am looking forward to it! Oh, how my heart overflows with gratefulness daily. There is just so much to be thankful for, isn't there? May we each never take anything for granted! *On a special note: My niece, Eloise, turns 10 months today! What a glorious 10 months it has been too! My only regret is that we do not live closer!*

Warm wishes to you and your families today (and every day)...I hope your Thanksgiving is a time of true gratefulness and worship of the One Who gives all.

O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good; 
for His mercy endureth for ever.
~1 Chronicles 16:34


Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

8 comments:

  1. Katy - I can't believe your boys fell asleep like that! The pillow over the face is hilarious!!!! I believe that the afghan is going to be one gorgeous piece when you get it all finished! I really need to teach myself how to knit. I've been crocheting for years, and my grandma tried teaching me how to knit once when I was in high school, but I just couldn't get the knack of it. I love the look of knitted goods, though! BTW, love that quote at the start of the post! Have a most blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, they are really sleeping...
    Hope your Holiday dinner a Happy one. All The Best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Katy! I hope your day is happy, full of gratitude and peaceful.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy I never tire of your posts!! They always warm my hear with their joyful simplicty! cant wait to hear all about your thanks giving celebrations! Dont forget to take lots of pictures for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The repetitiveness is one thing I like most about your post. You live life with joy and it shows in even the simple, daily task.

    I love the picture of the boys asleep. Precious!

    Have a great time tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture of the boys sleeping on the recliner is great!Personally I enjoy your posts, the simplicity of them and the joy in daily life shows and is a welcome refresher. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy. I always enjoy reading your posts. Your children are so cute. I love the way the boys just fall asleep like that. I am like that.Where ever I land zzzzzzz. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Having alot to be thankful for in my life, knowing that I have your blog to come to everyday too makes me feel even more thankful. You are so inspiring.
    Jean in CT

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy