Thursday, September 22, 2011

Busy Days...


I'm not feeling well today...a cough that makes my chest ache, body aches and last night, I was fighting dizziness. I was up every single hour last night, having terrible trouble sleeping. I took a hot shower, this morning, and am hoping that after being *up* and *about* for a while, that I will start to feel better. With our family's fall festival coming up this Saturday (with all the prep that comes along *with* it) ~ getting better is not an option...it is a *must*! I am not sure if I caught something....*or* if it could be from tearing out the carpet in our bathroom, yesterday...

I think having carpet in kitchens and bathrooms is just awful. I never quite understood why people would *put* it in those rooms...The kitchen gets spills from foods, drinks, and flour (especially when I am baking...I make quite a mess with flour). The bathroom is damp from showers and baths, plus the toilet is in there (with boys, it makes you cringe to have carpet around a toilet!). So, I got a *bug* in me to rip the carpet out of our bathroom. It's been there since before we moved in and I finally decided I would tackle that project. Underneath are wood floors! It was hard work, but I got most of it ripped out...except for the area under our claw-foot tub. I did pull a bit up in the front floor area of the tub, where it gets very damp. Without thinking, I was just yanking the carpet up with all my might, and there I found black mildew (or..mold, yikes!). So I just left that part until Chris can *safely* give me a hand with it. Later in the day, I got a terrible stomach ache and started to cough. Then, later in the evening, I got really hot and dizzy. So, I don't know what is wrong with me, for sure.

I had uploaded photos on the dinosaur (our desktop computer) previously this week...so I thought I would just take a quick moment to share them with you. (The children did their chores and had their breakfast...now they are just finishing up the movie "Pippi Longstocking" before we get going on schoolwork.) So I have a few minutes to do so.

Homemade veggie beef soup, canned and ready to get put on the shelves in the basement...


Blanching, cutting and freezing more corn (kindly given to us from a family friend)...


Sausage gravy and biscuits were on the menu, one evening, for supper...



I made another batch of homemade laundry soap last week...





Laundry hung from the clotheslines on any days that were rain-free...


Round about, out-of-doors...



The children love riding their bikes...





Inside our cottage-home, lamps and candles glowed (doesn't it look like that oil-lamp-light is casting a heart on the wall to the left? I think that is so neat!)...


Madelyn helped to make corn muffins for supper, one evening...


Silly Jaxson...


Homemade rolls...


Potatoes...


I have kept busy with my knitting orders. Below was a pumpkin hat I was working on...which is now finished!

We had a family movie night....and the boys couldn't quite keep their eyes open to the very end!


Well, the children's movie is over and we need to get going with our schoolwork, although I think a slow-pace is quite necessary for me today. Thank you for visiting and I hope my bit of complaining at the top of this post didn't deter you! 

Kindly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

30 comments:

  1. Sorry your not feeling well :( I think i would talk to my Dr. about the black mold & how you are feeling today. Its better to be safe than sorry. Speedy recovery to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I hope you feel better soon!
    Might have over done it with that carpet pulling. I understand why you wanted it out of there, I also had it in my bathroom when we moved into the house. After several years I had enough and out it went! Take it easy today and get better for that festival.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I hope you're feeling better soon! I wanted to let you know I'm doing another book giveaway on my blog. It's an Amish Novel if you're interested. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray whatever the sickness is it will leave you very soon and you will be feeling much better....I loved seeing all the pictures of your cosy home and beautiful children...many blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you get to feeling better Katy. I will keep you in prayer.

    Your vegetable soup looks so yummy! How lucky your family is that you can. Its pretty neat that you make your own laundry detergent as well.

    Take care of yourself and feel better soon. God Bless,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to hear that you're not feeling well, and I hope whatever has you down will go away quickly!
    I never understood the idea about carpet in kitchens or bathrooms either, and have lived in a few houses that had it. They get dirty too fast and in the bathroom...well, you said it all.
    I even hate having carpet in the living room and told my husband that if we ever get a place of our own, there will be hardwood floors throughout! He just laughs, but it sure would be easier than having carpet, and a whole lot easier on me!
    I hope you start feeling better. Maybe fix yourself some hot ginger, lemon and honey tea and sip on that throughout the day.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really a busy mom. Since the carpet you were pulling was damp, you may have inhaled some mold spores from it. That could very well be why you are having all of these symptoms. If not treated it seems to get worse. Might need to see or at least contact your doctor for advice. (Happened to me a while ago). Take care! Loved all the pretty jars, and most especially your candle and lamp light. So cozy! Hugs! Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling better soon! It could have been breathing that mold. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you are not feeling well. Mold/Mildew can make a person very sick.

    Take care,. Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. When we moved into our house there was ugly shag carpet in the dining room. When we took it out there was beautiful old hard wood floors underneath. I was so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry you are not feeling well! We've had the round of coughs and colds here as well. Feel better soon! It looks like you are enjoying some canning! :) Everything looks lovely! Have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get well soon Katy! And slow down girl! Make sure you get plenty rest, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry you aren't feeling well. There was carpet in our kitchen and it was the first thing to go! I'm with you and don't understand carpet in the bath and kitchen.

    Love seeing your soup! That is on my list to try.

    Hope you are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you feel better, I just got over being sick..it was aweful!

    Your soup looked yummy, I want to try canning..a lot of people do it (again) now a days..maybe I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you didn't breathe mold spores! I had a friend who did that and she was sick for quite a while...if this hangs on, don't put off a visit to the doctor...

    Be gentle with yourself - take it easy and slow - rest lots!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prayers are being sent to you!! :) I hope you start feeling better soon!! Good luck this weekend!!
    Have a Blessed week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! Maybe it was triggering the past headaches as well? (well, at least the ones the teeth weren't) :/

    We had some mold issues in our house and after sealing the window (long story) have plugged in a dehumidifier (in addition to spraying bleach type stuff)~ I would highly recommend it to kill the mold! Maybe someone has one you could borrow?

    I am one with you on the whole carpet in the kitchen/bath etc. We tore up the carpet in the kitchen in our house ~ oh. my. goodness. It was/is vile and are waiting for the weather to change so we can redo the wood (yay!!!) floors underneath.

    Praying for your speedy recovery..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you feel better soon Katy! I've been fighting a dizzy, nauseous, hot/cold icky feeling for a few days now myself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. black mold is NOT good... hope you got it cleaned up so that all of you aren't breathing it in (black mold, mildew or whatever it is!).... seriously!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Katy Prayers you are feeling better
    Oh yes Black Mold is really bad
    stuff I encourage to Call your PC
    Dr and discuss it with them.
    Agree about carpet.. When we moved
    into our house 15 years ago I
    said no Carpet.. Only have carpet
    in the Master Bedroom and Computer
    room and I'm ready to pull it out
    in the Computer Room too..

    We have Tile everywhere else and
    love it so easy to keep clean..
    More and more people are pulling
    the carpet...
    Thoughts and Prayers
    Warm Blessings / Hugs
    Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  22. What complaining??:) I took a nap myself today because of achey bones and throat. I think something is going round. Took some advil too...the gel caps work well. Hope you feel better soon and your day goes well

    ReplyDelete
  23. sorry your not feeling we..but it seems your very busy person..thanks for sharing i now about pipi langekous thats the name in dutch..she died she was a old lady already...she is from belgium...you take great pictures.. i love them..thank you god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope you are feeling better soon and I totally agree with you about he carpet.:) Love the pictures.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sure hope you are much better now. I always enjoy your photos.
    Love,
    Maroe

    ReplyDelete
  26. praying youre feeling much better today...
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you are better this week, just wanted to say hi and that you have a beautiful home and family. I love all your canning and cooking. I grew up in western pa, in sykesville, went to school in Dubois. I thought your country side looked like western pa. love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have been enjoying your precious blog. I share so many interests with you. Look forward to reading more. Hope you feel better soon.
    Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy