Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Getting Better....Slowly


It has taken many days...but I am slowly recovering from whatever it was that I had. I'm still coughing some and yesterday had a horrible migraine...but am thankful to say I am feeling much better than before. Thank you for all the encouragement and thoughtful words you left me in THIS post! Above is a letter Xavier wrote to me..."Dear Mom, I hope you feel better tomorrow. I love you." Love overflowing....yes. My cup runneth over.

This past Friday, Chris and I celebrated 11 beautiful years of marriage. We didn't do anything to really "celebrate", as I was sick, but in our hearts ~ we were thankful to God for another year together. Our anniversary was on the same day as the first day of fall...my favorite season! *And* my sweet niece, Eloise, turned 8 months old that day! A triple blessing day! :o)

Chris's family's fall festival was held this past Saturday. This was the first time in, I believe, 8 years that I haven't been able to help. I was bummed. Chris said I should still stop down at some point, that the fresh air would do me good. I was there for 15 minutes, but was exhausted in no time. With the congestion and cough, just breathing took work. I did, however, snap just a couple pictures before I left...

The chain-saw carver...


Madelyn, selling jewelry she knitted and crocheted all by herself (she made over $15!!)...


Some of the vendors, from a distance as I was heading back to my van. I wasn't well enough to find places to take good pictures from...I just snapped what I could...


Jaxson, with his face painted by my mom...


X-Man...taking a break from helping to visit a hunting vendor!



Back home...the leaves are changing. It's so beautiful! A nice, long walk outside sounds glorious...but much of my time, this past week, has been spent in a chair or in bed. I would wash dishes or change laundry when energy levels allowed it.


When Chris and the children got home, later Saturday evening, they were just exhausted...Jaxson was asleep as soon as he sat down. He wasn't too happy to be woken up for a bath....


When I had the energy, I worked on some knitting. I have a few custom orders to do....but didn't want to do those while coughing on them. So I worked on a winter hat for one of my children...


A couple pictures from last week, *pre*-sick-Mama....

Below is chicken and biscuit stew...all from scratch and absolutely delicious! HERE is a recipe similar to the one I used except I used chicken broth from the chicken that I cooked and made my biscuits from scratch. I can't remember where the recipe I used came from exactly.


My sister and Eloise came for a visit, too, last week. This was El's first time meeting Penny-the-goat. She wasn't overly impressed though...yet. She'll love the goats one day....especially when I get the pygmy gals when they are old enough! Notice, she's wearing her pumpkin-hat from Auntie Katy? ;)


***Devon is having a GIVEAWAY over on her blog! You should really take a look! I think this is the first giveaway she has ever had! So fun! It's fun to win things...even if not for yourself, you can gift them to others! :) 

Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I truly do appreciate them. I am hoping I will feel 100% soon. It's such a struggle for me to take so long to "bounce back". I have heard that something, similar to what I have, has been "going-around" in our community...I'm not sure if it is just a form of the flu or what. I am just grateful to be on the mend...slow as it may be! 

Warmly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1 Peter 1:2b

15 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are on the mend...


    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for your speedy recovery. Your family needs their "mama!"
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your such a sweet women of God.
    Praying for God's healing.
    Thank you for your beautiful blog!
    Jeanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I' so glad you are starting to feel better!! Praying for you!! Blessings to all:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get to feeling all the way better soon! Looks like you are enjoying some Fall things though - Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember those times of being very sick and having little ones about...I felt so helpless and wished with all my might to be well again.Praying you are soon back to normal and feeling grand...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling better soon. Sending prayers your way. We have struggled with the same thing here. The fall festival looked like fun. Have a blessed week.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are slowly feeling better! I also live in Western Pennsylvania and don't you know, we have had a TERRIBLE virus run through our family recently. Very similar to what you describe. We thought it was the flu, but it seems so early in the season, no? Anyway, we are on the mend, too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you have been unwell Katy, isn't it the way that a change in season can bring with it colds and illness? Even though we are now in spring and the warmer weather is arriving I've noticed lots of people coughing. Thankfully our family has kept well. Do hope you are soon 100 per cent better and ready for all your new season projects. I have been making mulberry jam. Time to go and bake some bread so we actually have something to spread it on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you regain your strength quickly, so sorry you had to miss out on the festival. No fun being on the outside looking in. Am very proud Madelyn did so well with her goods. Your children are delightful. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy Lord had you upon my heart
    all weekend..I been praying the
    Lord would touch and heal you..
    Always in thought and prayer
    Beautiful post of sharing...
    Hugs
    Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  13. dear kathy
    hope you get to filling all the way better soon. nice pics!!!
    have a nice week,
    regina
    reginassimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had something too and it knocked me clear off my feet!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy