Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Little Dose of Our Autumn

The trees are changing...beautiful shades of red, yellow and orange...


Penny is a happy gal...and she will have a couple more sisters in a couple weeks! I had been wrong before, instead of pygmy goats, I am getting Nigerian Dwarf goats (similar to pygmy goats). My parents purchased me one for my birthday and I am earning the money to buy the other! I just *couldn't* choose between the two. I mean, look at them....just too sweet!


Soon Pearl and Polly will join our Penny!



Our chickens are doing well...the poor girls won't be thrilled when winter arrives though. It will be their first experience with snow and being *in* the coop a lot. I haven't told them about the snow, yet, though...why burst their blissful bubble too soon? ;)



Thank you for all the get-well wishes...I am not 100% yet but doing *much* better! I have gotten busy again with schooling with the children, cleaning, baking and knitting. Here is my newest custom knitting creation a lady ordered from me...

Right now, as I type, it looks like it is raining fall leaves outside our windows! The wind is blowing and leaves are falling all over! The children exclaimed how pretty it was...and it really is beautiful to watch. 

For some reason, I have a small headache. Thankfully, we got most of our schooling done this morning...after lunch and a little rest, I hope the headache will be gone so I can get busy with housework before supper needs prepared. Supper will probably be country style spare ribs (slow-cooked in the oven) with mashed potatoes and a veggie! :) I hope you are enjoying your autumn days!

Warmly,
Katy


Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

9 comments:

  1. i like that hat... the ribbon seems a little long though! the cream color looks nice and soft!! :)

    so which is pearl and which is polly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better:) Autumn is our favorite time of the year...I took our kids on a picnic lunch today at the park because it was so pretty out;)It was a nice break from the day to day of Homeschooling:) Love the pic's of the goats....so jealous..lol...we don't live far enough out of town for animals:(

    Blessings to all:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, I love babies...and these are no exception! I have always wanted this life back, but having to move back to our hometown, it can't be. Don't wait too long to tell the girls about the cold. Hope they have the feathers to keep them warmer! LOL! I do love your life, family and you dear Katy! Hope the headache ease soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy so pleased to here you are
    feeling better (will continue to
    pray for strength) Love the new
    little bonnet it's adorable ...
    and the Goats so sweet.. We had
    goats several years ago.. they are
    so cute...
    Sure wonderful blessed life the
    Lord has given you and your family

    Warm Blessings
    Ladybug :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hat is so pretty. I love autumn and can't wait for the leaves to start changing here. I'm glad you are feeling better and will pray for you to get back to 100%. Your goats are precious. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty hat you did such beautiful work Katy. I am glad you are feeling better. I love Autumn - makes me want to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely hat..
    hope you feel all better soon..
    love the goats..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ribbons are long so the lady that ordered the hat can adjust the ribbon to the perfect size for her daughter and then have room to trim the ends. I think it's better that than them being too short! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy