Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Pumpkin Hat for the Squeezle!

If you have been visiting, here, for at least the past 7 or 8 months...you are quite aware that along with my children...this little girl has absolutely captured my heart! Along with all the other pumpkin hats I have been knitting, I simply *had* to knit one for her! It's a smidge big...but that is good, as it gives her some room to grow the next few months! If you would like to order one, you can find one HERE in my shop...or if you need a custom size ~ feel free to e-mail me (link in my left sidebar) or message me on etsy!

Just look at that smile...


...and those eyes!!! Such a delight and sweet baby she is! I am so glad she is my niece!


Here is a view of the top/back of the hat, since it is a bit difficult to see in the photos above...


Madelyn and Eloise...


I couldn't help but post this picture. Isn't her expression just so funny!? She has such a fantastic personality....and truly wonderful facial expressions! 



This is one of my favorite photos! Madelyn was tickling and making funny noises at Eloise...and they both share that joyful expression ~ truly priceless, in my book!


Eloise is not even 8 months old yet **but a lovable bundle of energy!** I watched in amazement as she crawled over and *with her own strength* pulled herself up to standing in front of Jaxson! My, oh, my....she's growing much too quickly!


I think Jaxson was pleased that she picked *him* to crawl *to* and *up*! It does a heart good to have the love of a wee babe, doesn't it? They exude such sweet innocence, a beautiful virtue!



Her crawl is amusing! She quite resembles a baby orangutan...but in a truly sweet way! My pictures don't do it justice...but you can watch it HERE, if you have the time. Of course, as her aunt, I am completely biased but I think watching videos of her is such a **treat**! It is also enjoyable to watch my sister go through each new phase with her first little one! Devon is such a wonderful mother. She is doing such an amazing job and I am so thankful for the treasure of *her*...I feel blessed to have a sister!



Although Xavier sincerely loves Eloise...he is much more inclined to work on other projects than to devote much attention to her.


Jaxson, driving around at my dad's garage (in the waiting room...aka: family central)...



Eloise has discovered that taking hats ~off~ is much more fun than actually wearing them! As the colder temperatures start setting in, though, Miss Hair-less will definitely appreciate those nice cozy hats to keep her head toasty! ;)

Xavier, making his rounds on his tow-trike at the garage...


The days have been full this week. We have been keeping busy with schoolwork, housework and *play*. My hands have not been idle, when I have a chance to sit, I knit! I am working a custom order for dish cloths and also another custom order for three pumpkin hats! 

Yesterday, a family friend offered us some corn from their garden. They have had their fill and didn't want it to go to waste...so I accepted it! Today, after schooling, we will be going to meet with my mother-in-love. We will be working together on making a huge batch of vegetable beef soup (which we will then split and can separately!). Then, I will come home to work on blanching and freezing the corn! At some point, in the day, chores will be squeezed in and knitting done, as well! For supper, I am planning on making Sausage Gravy and homemade biscuits, a favorite of ours! 

I hope your week is moving along nicely! I found THIS quote by JC Ryle to be encouraging today...you may too! Thank you for reading and for the kind notes you leave me through the comments and e-mail! Each and every one is read and appreciated! 

Warmly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

16 comments:

  1. Sweet sweet kids (all of them!) The pumpkin hat looks so cute framing that little chubby face :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute pumpkin! She is precious. I hope you guys have a great week.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it (big smile)! They're all just so precious. The personalities spilling out from the photos . . .
    (: You really are a blessed lady Katy! Glad to hear that you're keeping busy and doing well with your shop. I'm always checking it for a new selection of dishcloths. Your most recent one listed was swept right up. (:

    Have a wonderful day!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitzi,

    I have been so busy with custom orders that every time I try to get knitting something new, it gets snatched up quickly! (not that I am complaining, mind you!) But I hope to get more things in there soon!!! Thank you for your patience! :)

    Warmly,
    Katy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just adorable! All your family's children are. I love the little pumpkin hat, and am thankful your shop is doing so well. Hope you have a wonderful time with the corn & soup, what a blessing to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. feel free to send some corn this way... lol!

    nice pics! (of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy,

    I like the brown and cream cloth just fine, but was hoping to save on postage by purchasing another one or two from you. (: No doubt, the success you are having with your shop is great. I'm happy for you! No hurry . . . I'll be patient and just keep an eye out. (: Also, thanks for posting a link to J.C. Ryle's quote today.

    Take care & thanks again!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  8. E is adorable! That hat... oh.my. it is cute! I understand X not having time... he is a busy "working."

    I received my dish cloths today. :) The pictures don't do them justice! Very, very pleased.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eloise is such a cutie! Love her expressions...

    Your pumpkin hats are adorable!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy,
    Does lil Eloise bring back memories of Madalyn??? She looks so much like pics you have shared of yours. Thanks for the smiles. The innocense and beauty of babies.
    Teresa in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutie pie! The picture of her right above the one of her and Madelyn reminds me of Xavier. I can see a resemblance, can you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, I spelled innocence wrong. I-n-n-o-c-e-n-c-e. Just had to fix that.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such adorable children. I love the way this little pumpkin hat hugs those chubby, chubby cheeks! As always, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable sweet ( all of them )
    Kids... Love the little pumpkin
    hat... Always so enjoy stopping
    by for a visit up lifting and
    refreshing Katy you are amazing
    beautiful Christian...may the Lord
    bless you hundred fold in your
    little Etsy Shop...:-)

    Warm Blessings
    Hugs Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eloise what a face! Expression in off the cute scale. Great small ones all around. Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a cute little baby! i just love the hat.. its a blessing from god.. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy