Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Choose to Sparkle!

(A Previous Blog Header of Mine)



A home is a place of life filled by a mother whose life is contagious because of her sparkle in the midst of messes, her laughter in the midst of duty, her song pervading the whole place–the music, feasts, art, joy of life.

I read THIS post by Sally Clarkson yesterday and found such encouragment. Sometimes (often) it is easy to feel as though we are never perfect enough...for ourselves or anyone else. Our hearts are easily bombarded with worldly views of how to be the perfect wife, mother and woman. I choose to hold on to the ideal that Sally Clarkson has described in the sentence above. I want to *sparkle* despite the mess around me; to sing and laugh with joy as I clean that mess up. I desire to grasp the joy of life and share it with my family around me....rather than grumble when things aren't *just-so*!

I found such encouragement in her post. I hope you glean much from it as well! Have a great day!

Warmly,
Katy
Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

11 comments:

  1. GREAT encouraging post -- thanks for sharing :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are felling better:))) Thank you for this post...it was very encouraging. I really needed this...:)))

    Blessings to all:)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy...please tell Devon that I tried to enter her contest but my post didn't show up. I didn't want her to think no one reads her posts! :) Thanks!
    Julie B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that. Makes me want to work harder at smiling in the midst of kaos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful quote!!!! So fitting and encouraging!! And love the colage as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really needed this! I just finished a post about wanting to be perfect and failing. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that comment you left Katy at Sally's post and thought wow - that is exactly the part that jumped out of the page at me and I told myself yesterday that I was going to sparkle in the midst of my messes. The last few posts that Sally has written have been so encouraging to me. Any mother who struggles with the desire for perfectionism in the home I would encourage to read this post you linked to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy I already commented on this post but wanted to pop back to tell you I started a new blog and I would be very honoured if you came by from time to time. I just started it but hope to update as often as I can. It's at:
    http://crazyjoyouslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy Hope you are feeling better
    and getting your srength back
    Lovely post... so encouraging

    Warm Blessings / Hugs
    Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we finally realize that everything we do is worship, whether it's sweeping the floor or shucking corn, we are able to sparkle in the middle of the mess.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy