Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"The Christian home is...

...the Master's workshop where the process of character-molding is silently, lovingly, faithfully and successfully carried on."
 ~Richard Monckton Milnes

Good Tuesday morning! I hope today finds you well and in good spirits! We, here in PA, are so thankful for the break from the heat. It's still quite warm, but not unbearably so. We have also been blessed with some much-needed rain! The garden was really thirsty. We water it (by hand) when necessary, but thankfully, the past couple of days, the rain has fallen in abundance. 

The days have been busy with many goings-on. In addition to the daily chores, housework, and outings, tomorrow is my sister's birthday ~ so I have been working on knitting her some dishcloths (at her request). The children have kept themselves busy, as well! They help out around our home...and then play till they drop! Even in the heat, they would ride bikes and swing and run until they came in...red faces and all! Then it would be time to retreat to my bedroom with the a/c for a time of playing legos, napping and reading Farmer Boy.

 At this moment, as I type, they are all upstairs playing *cafe*. Oh...wait...here they come...they have decided to go *outside* to play for a bit! The joys of childhood! Madelyn made cookies a bit earlier today. They are cooling on the rack and the boys have each enjoyed one, already! I have clothes in the washer that, as soon as they are "washed", will be coming with me on a trip to the clothesline...where they will enjoy a luxurious stay...hanging around in the sunshine and breeze of this beautiful day! I'm not sure what I will make for lunch today...Chris took the leftovers from last night's supper (homemade slow cooker veggie beef soup) for his lunch, at work. Maybe something simple...sandwiches or eggs. 

My three, fun-loving, kind-hearted, energy-filled children...


My sister in love is a beautician. She taught me how to twist Madelyn's hair on the sides. This was my first attempt. It didn't turn out as *perfect* as I would have liked it....but cute, nonetheless!



Wrestling and laughter!


Herbs, growing in my kitchen (cilantro, oregano and basil)...


Making biscuits...


The boys, at my mom's...


Friends of ours invited us (and other friends) to a pizza party at their home, this past weekend. We had such a great time at the last picnic we attended, that we were happy to go to this one, as well! The children were so excited when Rob let them drive their go-cart!

Xavier...


Madelyn...

Jaxson...


Of course, Chris had to take a turn! :)


The *other* Chris of the group, driving the go-cart with his son...


The children also got to take rides in the Ranger, which was great fun for them!


Chris, Chris and Sean... chattering away (and they say us *women* are the talkers!)...


A few of the children, jumping on the trampoline!


As I uploaded the pictures from the time of fellowship with our good friends, I realized that I don't have photos of us girls. We *were* there...really, we were! ;) 

Well, it sounds as though the washer is done "washing". I think it's time for me to wrap it up, for now. :) I hope *you* enjoy *your* day! Thanks for visiting!

Warmly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

8 comments:

  1. Looks like alot of fun and yes, the temps are much nicer today in PA..although all those hot days were great for drying clothes on the line, dry in no time at all:) Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day at your house! I know you're thankful for a room of a/c in this heat!

    Oh, and I love Madelyn's hair! You did well! You need to teach me....Joy's would look good like that I think!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. So uplifting and God centered.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Thanks for stopping by my giveaway! Following you back on GFC. www.savvyshoppermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a good soaking rain yesterday here in southern Lancaster County! What a blessing! We needed it badly and today is much cooler though still quite warm!

    I am starting to knit again and I need to sew.

    Thanks for sharing with us! Oh, Madelyn's hair looks great!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear my hair like Madelyn's all the time, except the long part pulled into a bun. I try to do it on my daughters' hair, but their hair is so straight, it doesn't hold long.

    I have tried making homemade biscuits several times and they always turn out disgusting.

    Love your blog, like always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently found your blog and am enjoying it immensely. If your 'target' is to create a quiet, Christ-centered place with lovely, nostalgic photographs and family values...I'd say you've hit the mark!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh anticipation of summer and we are thinking that a good Christmas present for our family this year will be one of those netted trampolines. Our old trampoline had to be dismantled before a child went through the frayed mat! It lasted almost 10 years so can't complain.
    Our mornings are still cool but the afternoons are almost like summer - yesterday was into the low 70's. This is winter in Australia! The birds were singing, chickens have come back on the lay and spring does not arrive until September.
    Blessings to you dear Katy.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy