Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"The happiest heart that ever beat...

Was in some quiet breast
That found the common daylight sweet,
And left to Heaven the rest."

~John V. Cheney


Our days have been filled with the normal daily tasks....the washing and hanging out of clothes, dishes being washed, floors being swept. The children have kept busy, during these warm summer days, playing and letting their imaginations soar. We have kept a bit of *rest* as a theme for these mornings and early afternoons, as in the evenings, we have been busy, spending the last few hours of daylight, each day, at a community vacation bible school. Churches from the area have come together to portray 29 A.D. ~ A glimpse of life during the time in which Jesus lived. My older two are in "tribes" and have been participating in the activities and learning experiences. I was asked (and agreed) to be the "mother" to the preschool aged children. We average around 18-19 children in our age group per night. I am thankful that I have a few helpers! The children are wonderful and truly doing a great job...but by the end of each night, I am more-than-ready to hit-the-hay! We are organized in tents, outside. It has been terribly warm, humid and muggy each night...but glory to God, He has, in love, provided a reprieve each night of a gentle breeze. It has made each night bearable!

As much as we don't want rain for the VBS times, our garden really needs the cool drink. I am praying it will rain soon...otherwise we will have to (as days before) go down and water the garden by hand. It would be quite ideal if we would get a good rain during the early day...and that it could dry up for the evening...although weather is never very predictable, is it? I guess we'll take what we get and act accordingly!


I wanted to share THIS link that I found, earlier today. It is a simple living blog of a family in Alaska and their cabin.... an ideal and perfect spot for living simply. I just love the photos! The log and wood walls are beautiful, as are the large scenic windows! Then there is the gorgeous woodstove and bookshelves! That cabin is a little piece of simple-living-heaven!


I do suppose that nothing in my home is going to get accomplished today unless I get myself a-movin'! I have a few last photos to share on this post...then off I go! I hope you are enjoying your week! :)


"Creativity is contagious. Pass it on."~Albert Einstein
"The world is but a canvas to the imagination."~Henry David Thoreau

Jaxson and mama, drawing mermaids...


Madelyn's handmade guitar and binoculars!


Warmly,
Katy


Raising Mighty Arrows

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late." ~Marie Beyon Ray

8 comments:

  1. I love the simple life and I love reading about yours, Katy! Thanks for sharing the Alaska link! I just took a peek and saved it to read a little more later!

    Your kids are growing up! I guess that happens!

    Hope you have a great VBS week!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Katy,
    might i just add that your home is no less simple and beautiful. you are doing a wonderful job right where you are. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link, Katy! I am off to check it out!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I popped over to visit Alaska - now that is really getting way from it all. I'm not sure I would want to hike home and carry in my supplies but that would be a cozy cabin to return to. They have a wood stove which is very much like the one in my formal living room with its decorative front.
    Oh the joys of a simple life - so much we can learn from people who are more self-sufficent but he did say they couldn't grow their own coffee - one of the plants that are flourishing here. In a year or so we will be having a go at processing our own beans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great day you all have there..content...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you for linking up with us @ Raising Mighty Arrows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,
    New follower from the week long blog hop. Hope you can come follow me back.
    http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Katy!

    I've just had a nice catch up browse through your blog. You know, I think I feel more peaceful and relaxed for just having stopped by! It's a lovely, homey place.

    I love the quote at the top of this post, and the Alaska homesteader link as well! How cozy and perfect is that?!

    Hope the rest of your VBS week went well, and that your garden got a good drink!

    God bless you!
    Melissa J.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy