Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Celebrating Freedom!

 The Picnic...


Our fourth of July celebrations this year were enjoyable! I hope yours were, as well! I have the pictures a bit backwards, as the parade happened first, then the picnic...but I figured it isn't enough of a concern for me to sit here and work at switching them! Any fellow bloggers know what a tedious thing that can be! ;)

The picnic was held at Pa's pavillion (Chris's dad). We enjoyed a nice time of food, fellowship and laughter. Ma is pictured below, snuggling her newest grand-daughter (and, I'm proud to add, my niece!)...


Jaxson during one of his overly-dramatic moments...


Some of the men-folk enjoyed playing horse-shoes (that's my Chris, there, in the gray)...


The children enjoyed playing in the huge dirt pile Pa put there for them...



Madelyn...


More horse-shoes...Chris in mid-throw...


A beautiful look out into the field...


 And another photo...of the horse-shoe game (I think I have a fondness of taking pictures of Chris!)...


 My middle-love, Xavier, out riding the mini-bike....Oh, how he enjoys that bike (and makes this mama quite a bundle of nerves)!!!


Love his cute little cheeks in the helmet!


 The Parade...

 Chris's family took the family's horses and buggies to be in the parade this year. They have done this *every* year for the past 52 years! All the grandchildren love getting on to ride through! First, they drive the buggies the few miles to the little town (although "town" may not be the right word...but I am not sure what the *right* term would be for an area of houses, a couple churches, a laundromat and a car wash...? ...I guess you can call it the super-itty-bitty town) on the backroads...with Pa trailing behind in his Pa-Mobile (aka: his truck)...


 As I was passing them, carefully (I had no desire to spook the horses), I snapped this photo, quickly, below...



Getting ready to line up for the parade...




Chris's uncle (the one in the tie) used their horses to pull an old-fashioned hurse, owned by a local funeral home director, through the parade (although slightly morbid to think about, it was also neat. I hope, when I pass that I could be taken in one of these. There is something so peaceful about it!)... 



And there they are, below, both wagons and teams, riding through the parade. The children had fun tossing candy (and eating it, too!). I married into such a fun family! Farming, gardening, horse-n-buggies etc...what more could I ask for? :)


I hope you enjoyed your long weekend! I look forward, though, to getting back into the swing and routine of things. There is a steady flow to our days that I really like. I know there are many who enjoy living "spur of the moment"...I am not one of these people! ;) I *do* realize I need to be flexible...but I am definitely a "planner". 

The day is young and there is much to do! No more wasting it on the "web"....life needs to be lived! :)
Kindly,
Katy

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late." ~Marie Beyon Ray

8 comments:

  1. I just love your photos. I live in a town like you do. One good sneeze and you probably would miss it! LOL I agree, it will be nice to return to "normal" life! Have a wonderful week.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos and looks like everyone had a great time! my son had one of those mini bikes too when he was young and I understand the nervousness, he was to only ride it in the field and one day decided to take a spin in the driveway instead and wiped out:O A lesson learned on his part, he still has the scar on his leg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos, and it looks like a wonderful time together!! Those are the times I treasure the most. I am glad also getting back to normal life , except this week I will be missing my Monday because it was like having two Sundays...lol
    Hope you have a blessed week.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did marry into a fun family! What special times your children are having!

    Thanks for sharing your day with us!

    I must get the house tidy, after a busy weekend!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seemingly, everyone enjoyed the day. These are great times you've captured. I love the wagons and the older cars. The parade was exciting just viewing the pics, I can imagine how it was stand there! Thanks so much for sharing your day with us. Hugs as Always! Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girl is a true beauty! Got your stick ready? You'll be having to use it to keep the boys at bay before you know it, Katie. Ha! Have a great day serving our Lord and your family! XOXOX, Kelly in MN

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice images, and i hope everyones July 4 was a good one. Richard from the Amish settlement of Lebanon,Pa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.
    Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.
    HotProClicks.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy