Monday, March 28, 2011

Organizing, Treasures & More!

This weekend was full and enjoyable for our family! One thing I worked on was organizing and cleaning-out the schoolroom (which isn't really a learning room anymore...it's more of a school-stuff-storage-room. We do our work all together at the dining room table...it really works best for us!). I took down (and out of the room) one of the shelves...which means I had books *everywhere*! I was quite busy! I finished it up yesterday evening...but it still isn't perfect, yet.

The children and I, Saturday afternoon, went to a store I like...full of antiques and old country things. I went with the intention of finding a just-the-right-size table to go between the chairs in the living room. I was thrilled to find *just* what I wanted!

It is just the right size...and even holds some of my beloved books! It has a hand-made slate top that I love...here is a closer look...

I also found a beautiful oil lamp, that I felt fit perfectly into my Mary Engelbreit bathroom...

I mentioned, in my last post, that I received my blog book in the mail. (I am hoping book #2 arrives today!) Many seemed interested in it and asked for a few more pictures! For those who missed it...here is the cover...

One, of many, *contents* pages...

Now, inside...you can choose to have the posts printed just as you have them on your blog or have them make the best use of space with your words and pictures for each post. I chose that way...otherwise, I would have had more pages in my book...which costs more. I believe you can also have the comments printed...but I didn't do that, either.

It does not include your header or sidebar information, in the book. I chose to put my year's header as the front picture on my books.

You can also choose to get a paperback book printed, which is cheaper. I got the hardback book because I felt it would be better protected over the years. :) HERE is the link to the post about the book I had printed from my 2009 blog posts!

I am fighting a bit of a headache today...but have much to do. Although cold, the sky is a gorgeous blue and the sun is shining so I will be getting clothes out on the line. I may do some baking, as well. Schooling and some other housework will fill the day.

I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Have a great start to the week.
Kindly,
Katy
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

10 comments:

  1. What a productive weekend you had!
    I like your new table too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're printing your blog each year and making it a part of your library. What wonderful memories for you and the children to look through in years to come.

    I love the slate table. As you say, it's perfect between the two chairs.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi katy
    how wonderful!!!!!!
    i like your new table,too. it looks perfect between the chairs.
    have a wonderful sunny day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blog book idea and they will be nice for your children to look back through when they are adults:) What a neat table, and I love the oil lamp, I only have one but plan on buying another when we go back to Ohio's Amish country, the Lehman's store there has a huge selection! Have a wonderful day, hope the headache eases for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finding the perfect treasure to fit between those chairs. Love the slate top. And thanks for sharing the link for the blog book ... love the idea.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table is beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing about your blog book..it was helpful. What a treasure for years to come!
    I had one question which was missed...do you blog in such a way that your children may be able to read it? what I mean is for example if you are having a super trying day...do you blog about that knowing it will end up in your book or do you leave that out? OR does the site allow you to remove certain posts before it is printed into a book? thanks so much Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is lovely Katy! A friend of mine has slate topped tables in her living room and I love the way they feel to the touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat table, Katy!

    I love the idea of a blog book and am going to look into getting some done for my blog.

    Thanks for the idea!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've started cleaning and organizing this week too. :-) I love your blog book. I was thinking of printing mine on my year anniversary of blogging. Who did you use?

    Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy!

    Thank you for your encouraging post. I visited my friend in PA a few weeks ago. We went to Ollie's and found many bargains and had lots of fun! I also tried perogies (sp?) for the first time. I had never even heard of them. My friend gave me a recipe for Gob Cake, which is supposed to be a PA/Eastern cake. I made it this weekend and it received my family's seal of approval.

    Again, thank you for your encouragement. It is so wonderful to see a like minded family live simply. I am trying to simplify my family's life yet even more. Thanks for the ideas and examples.

    Blessings...
    Heather from Illinois :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy