Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Wheresoever we be, whatsoever we are doing...

...in all our work, in our busy daily life, in all schemes and undertakings, in public trusts, and in private retreats, He is with us, and all we do is spread before Him. Do it, then, as to the Lord. Let the thought of His eye unseen be the motive of your acts and words. Do nothing you would not have Him see. Say nothing which you would not have said before His visible presence. This is to do all in His name."
~ Henry Edward Manning


Homemade macaroni and cheese for lunch, above. Bread below...



A chalkboard note from Madelyn...


Homemade buns to go with...

...egg salad!

On a rainy day, just-washed rugs are dried on a rack in-doors...

Cinnamon rolls (for the recipe go HERE)...

And my latest knitting project, the berry basket dishcloth...

I watched my nephew, most of the day, yesterday. It was just wonderful. He is a little over a year old and such a fun guy! The children, Madelyn especially, enjoyed him so much! I was so thankful for his naptime, as it gave her time to focus on finishing her schoolwork for the day! ;)

My sister, also, brought my niece over to visit yesterday morning! Oh my! What a treat! My *baby-hoggish self* (as Madelyn likes to call me) enjoyed snuggling littlest Eloise, don't worry~Madelyn got to hold her too! ;) It was just fantastic!

Today will be busy with laundry, housework, schooling, errands and baking! It's gray and rainy out...so no out-of-doors playing, today. Knitting and reading will consume freetime! **And, not to gloat, but it's not even 10am, and I have *already* received a beautiful, just-for-me, love note from one of my children! Oh the joys of simple days!

Have a *great* Wednesday!
Joyfully,
Katy
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

10 comments:

  1. Busy day here too...cleaning, homeschooling, baking bread, and laundry! It's going to be 70 degrees and sunny today, so I have to get as much laundry hung out as I can....because tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 40's and raining!! Have a Blessed Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lovely posts bring comfort to my days Katy, toady is a difficult one, my son is on his way to Hawaii for his first duty station in the army ,and it is SOoooooo far from home here in pa, my heart is aching:( Thank you for sharing and brightening up my day with your lovely photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post...thanks for the blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need your macNcheese recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the quote at the beginning of your post today, Katy!
    A reminder that we need to be so mindful of!
    I have a busy day here as well with baking bread and some sort of snack,
    and I need to get some baby washcloths knitted for a shower tomorrow night...
    It's gray and rainy here too!
    Wishing you a most blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are getting stuff done! I am sure you enjoyed holding those babies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly love visiting with you..always a blessing. Love my kindred *friends*! ;o)
    Love your dishcloth! Where can I find the pattern? Dishcloths are one of my favorite easy knittin projects..yours is awesome. Blessings, Mumsie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love my visits here. I am curious because I pop in here every now and then do have a particular way you plan for school, housework, and such.

    I would love to add baking, and more fun things into our day. It seems we do good to cover basics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm going to have to go make some bread ~~~~ later! I have an award waiting for you over on my blog.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are in need of bread here too! Tomorrow will be the day, today I had an appointment and then I helped my daughter with a sewing project.

    Love 'spending' the days with you!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy