Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Glad Heart

But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. For what You have done I will always praise You in the presence of Your faithful people. And I will hope in Your Name, for Your Name is good.
~Psalm 52: 8-9

The weekend was a wonderful one, for my family. The days were filled with warmer temperatures, laughter and joy! Spring has *officially* arrived...birds and all! God's glory shines around me, smiles abounding!

A friend from church did some fixing of my guitar, for me, last week, and he and his family brought it out and then had supper with us. It was such a good time of fellowship and I am *so* thankful for the gift of good friends!

Saturday, the first half of the day was spent doing housework and spending time outside. The children were very excited to find some flowers in bloom and brought some in...a gift to me, from them! That afternoon, we went to a wedding, celebrating a new union of lives! :)

Photos, to share, from our weekend...

When one of our loaves of homemade bread is a few days old and not quite it's *freshest*...it provides the perfect opportunity to have cinnamon french toast!


Madelyn, washing dishes...

Madelyn and Jaxson reading together...

Rolls, fresh from the oven, for Saturday's lunch...

Naps ("rest time", as the word *nap* is a bad word to my children!) are a welcomed and necessary part of the day!

These wagons get a lot of play-time now that the sun is shining and the snow has melted!

Bedding, out on the line (oh my, the smell of the quilts and sheets when snuggling down in bed at night, is one of the best smells!)...

Time out playing in the yard with daddy...

Xavier and Madelyn...



Chalk drawings...



Oh dear, I must tell you about our "girls". Such stinkers they are. Chris needs to fix the chicken run, as there are holes or something in the fence, so the gals have been roosting in our garage. Quite frustrating, I must admit. So, in getting some pictures of them, look at how they are all staring at me, isn't it creepy?

Their eyes even look red! Usually when I try to take their picture, they look away from me...but this day...they all stared *right* at me. It was a little un-nerving! Truly, look at how intently she is glaring at me here...

Since these girls are a bit on the "old" side for chickens, we have ordered 15 new peeps. :) I can't wait to get them. They are so cute when they are small (then they get ugly for a while, then blossom into beautiful chickens!). We like the Golden Comet breed of chickens, so that is what we get. :)

Flowers beginning to bloom around the house! Oh how it makes my heart sing!


Last evening, for supper, we had salads...

...then homemade icecream! Yum! It's a recipe from my Grammie...and definitely one of my favorites!

Chris's parents came over for icecream and to visit for a while. All agreed that the icecream tasted great!

It really was an enjoyable weekend. Today has been a rainy day for us, but that's okay, it gives a good day to spend in-doors, doing housework, schooling and baking.

If you haven't, yet, please go and enter the Shabby Apple giveaway I have going on until Friday!

Thank-you, so much, for coming by to visit me today. I know it was quite a long post, but I like to capture and post about as much as I can, so when I turn my blog year into a book, I will have all these memories tucked inside!

Enjoy your day!
Warmly,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

9 comments:

  1. Your blog inspires me. I have such a longing in my heart to create a more "simple" lifestyle for our family. We live quite simple now, but there is always room for improvement. I just find your blog to be a breath of fresh air. I just wanted you to know that. Blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend:) I would have to agree that YES, those chickens look a bit scary in that pic, LOL, almost as if they are ticked off that you found their new hiding place:) Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I loved looking through all the pics and reading about your weekend. It all sounds PERFECT to me~!

    Happy Spring to you and yours! =-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilts hanging on the line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, love the quilts! Yes the chickens look a bit intimidating! LOL The ice cream looks yummy!
    Have a blessed day!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great weekend! Making homemade ice cream is always fun. I love seeing all the bedding out on the line. I think I am going to need a bigger clothes line this year. :)

    Hope your Monday has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seems to live such a simple and lovely life, and I love to watch your pictures and read what you have been up to :) So wonderful to see the flowers are on their way up! We still have a lot of snow, but it's melting, the birds are singing and the sun is warming. That's so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And the smell of the sheets when they have been outside...oh, yes, I do agree with you, that's one of the most fantastic smells in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi katy
    it sounds that you have had a wonderful weekend, with friends and
    your family.the cinnamon french toast
    called in germany Arme Ritter...is a
    wonderful meal....homemade icecream,i like it!!!!i make allways vanilla-icecream,sometimes
    strawberry icecream.
    today we had a sunny warm day perfect for washing my clothes and working in the garden.
    have a wonderful evening,
    blessings,
    regina

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy