Friday, March 25, 2011

"Prayer should be...

...the key of the morning and the lock of the night." ~Owen Felltham

Isn't that a beautiful quote? I got it from something I ordered and received in the mail today, THIS book...


It is truly a *wonderful* book! I have enjoyed it, immensely, going through page-by-page when I have had the time, today. If you enjoy keeping your home...you will definitely enjoy this book as well! It is full of wisdom, thoughts, encouragement and ideas! :)

Here is a taste of Mrs. Dunwoody's writing (which she started in 1886 and didn't finish for 50 years...wisdom and advice she had continually written and kept to give her children one day!):

"...home is meant to be lived in, in the fullest, most potentially fulfilling way for everyone in it. That means that every room does not need to be picture perfect and waiting for a perfect display, but rather, each room has a sense of order and calmness to it. The home looks like someone lives there, without appearing messy or cluttered."
~Mrs. Dunwoody's Excellent Instructions for Homekeeping: Timeless Wisdom and Practical Advice, pgs. 8-9

Yes, it is definitely a book worth reading. It includes lots of homemade cleaner recipes, stain removal hints, cleaning tips and so, so much more! Do you have this book? If not, you can get it from amazon for pretty inexpensive! :)

I also received another *treat* in the mail today! One of my 2010 blog books that I ordered is here!! ***If you are wondering... yes, you read that correctly, it's only one of two. The other one should arrive soon. I had to get two, this time, because I had too many pictures than are able to be put in *one* book! So this is my blog book from Jan.-July 2010! (If you are wondering, I get my blogs printed each year as a keepsake/journal of memories. If you would like to do something like this with your blog, HERE is the place I use. It can be quite pricey....but to me, it's worth it to have our memories safe and in a nice hard-bound book!)

Some random photos, from our days, to share...

Madelyn and Xavier made glasses for themselves! Teehee, aren't they cute!? :)

A note from X to mama...

Neatly folded hand-towels (simple things like this give me joy....is that silly?)

Some of Xavier's penmanship...

Jaxson, doing his ever-loved seek-and-find puzzles...

Cleaning jars...

and putting them back on the shelf...

Oh look! It's Daniel Boone! Oh, wait, it's Jaxson! ;)

Spent time in the kitchen this morning...baking and cleaning...

I made honey and oats bread today, for the first time, but for some reason, it didn't rise quite right during the second rising. It still *tastes* good though! ;)

I also made some Butter Pecan Sugar Cookies, from a cookbook I have (I will try to share the recipe, sometime). I made these to take with me to a Women's Fellowship Night at our church, this evening. We'll be watching Pride and Prejudice (I haven't seen it yet...so I look forward to it!)...

I hope you each are enjoying your day. Thank-you to everyone who participated in the Shabby Apple giveaway! I picked the winner at noon, today and posted it HERE and also emailed the winner. They (giveaways) are so fun, aren't they?

So glad you stopped by...please say *hello*! It's always nice hearing from you! Have a wonderful weekend!
Warmly,
Katy :)


He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

9 comments:

  1. Hi Katy! I've been very busy so I havent really been commenting much but do want to keep up the habit as I enjoy it so much when people take the time to do the same on my blog:)
    You blog book is such a great idea!!! How much does it cost you to get a whol.e years worth of posts printed? I'm asking as this is somehting that I would be interested in doing! Also how do you balance the blogging with your personal feelings printed and the posts you dont mind your children reading? Or do you only post things you dont mind your family reading? If I were to print my blog into a book my I'd have to remove many posts for that reason:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also would you be able to share what one page of your blogbook looks like? does it have the sidebar printed in there too or just the main content? I have fallen so behind on albums etc....but I have most things blogged throughout the years so maybe this would be a way to catch up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Katy you know I just love your blog and when I saw your new blog book I was so hoping you were going to share how this is done. Thank you so much because I too will be seeing about doing this so that my children will have something to look back on as the years go by. I too posted pictures on my blog this past Thursday about enjoying the simple things in life and things that made me smile. If you would like to pop over in visit you are more then welcome too. Thank you for sharing your life and pictures with us. Here is the address to my site please stop by and visit if you fine time. www.organizedhomemakingforchrist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book sounds like something that I might enjoy. I don't think it is silly at all that you find joy in folded towels. It gives me pleasure when things are neat and tidy.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to do a blog book, but can't afford it right now. I scrapbook, so most of my pictures are in there anyways.

    I love those "Mommy" notes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy, what a lovely post! So warm and cosy! I had a look at the book on Amazon, and I got it quite cheaply! It is shipping from the US, so it will take a while to get here, but I can't wait to read it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy,
    Reading your blog always motivates me to get busy (busier) doing something! :)
    You are such a blessing!
    I will have to see if I can get that book from my local library through a loan. That is my El Cheapo way of reading books. However, most of the books I read, I wish I had my own copy!
    I just found Mrs. Beeton's Book of Household Management at my library. That would be another one you would enjoy. It is mega $$$ on Amazon, so I was thrilled to find it at my library.
    Lots a love to you!
    Monica @ Natural Mama

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo book! I would also like to order one each year. Thanks for 'showing' what it looks like. If you're willing I'd love to see a page or two inside so I can see what a blog appears like in a book. Only if you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy