Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Bit of Change

I decided to change my curtains in the living room (you can see them HERE in the second picture down). Actually, I decided to wash the curtains and once they were down, the light and bright-ness shining through the windows was just fantastic! So I put up valences, instead. I *do* like it this way, although it's hard to get used to since we had the other curtains up for years. The curtains collected dust, easily, as well....so this *change* is clean-feeling and fresh!



Yesterday, my second blog book arrived in the mail. I had too many photos and posts to fit all in one blog book...so I had to order two for my 2010 posts. The first book contains January through July. This book has August through December! (I used a gray cover when I had my 2009 blog posts printed into a book...this year's books are purple)...

Some inside pages....




My children *love* looking through the blog books! Jaxson was excited when I told him a new one arrived in the mail! He loves looking at the pictures and remembering 2010 happenings! :)

Today, I am blessed by being able to watch my 1 yr. old nephew for the day. The children can't wait till he arrives. Madelyn, especially, acts like a little mother to him! ;) It's a beautiful sunshine-y day...blue skies and **cold**. I will be hanging laundry out again today....(I am so glad winter is gone...I so love the smell of the clothes after being out on the line!). Bread needs baked today, as well as some housework. We have done schooling, already, this morning...but learning is a constant process! ;) I am looking forward to a full and joy-filled day. It will also be spent in prayer, for some needs of loved ones.

Thank-you for visiting me, here, today. I hope you are enjoying your week. :)
Warmly,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

20 comments:

  1. Yeah for light, bright, and airy curtains...able to see God's outdoor creation easier. :)

    Blessings...
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new valences are lovely! They really brighten up your room, Katy. Such a good choice! Have a blessed day! ~Kelly in MN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy!

    I love the look of your valances. I like to do that too for the warmer months, and then put up the full curtains for the colder months.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, I'm new to your blog, and am enjoying reading past posts very much! I look forward to keeping up with what you and your lovely family are doing...
    I love the look of just valances - really opens up the view and lets lots of light in, even on cloudy, grey days!
    I absolutely love your oil lamps and am off to Hobby Lobby to get one for our kitchen table! Your style of decorating is very much like what I'm working toward in my home and I'm getting lots of lovely ideas!
    Drop by and "visit" any time!
    Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice valances... however, i hope you still have some blinds or something to close at night so it's not like a fishbowl in there!

    i'll have to check out your blog books next time i'm over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting pics of the blog book. That helps! I think I will order one each year. Have a wonderful day in the sunshine. We have sun today as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have those curtains too. They really are nice and hold up very well. I've had mine for a little over five years now. Enjoy them, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the curtians. So cute.
    Your Blog has to be in my Top 5 Favorite Blogs to read every day because it is so Warm and Loving. It makes me excited to one day start a family and build a home around us. You and Your family seem like such a loving group of people and you are all so proud of your home. I love it!!

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful life with all of us.

    God Bless,
    - Ashlee
    http://lifeofashlee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog book looks wonderful!

    I love bright, open windows!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way your valances look. I have valances very similar to those that I used to use. I may need to dig them out and use them in my bedroom. It would be lovely.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there Katy~I agree with everyone the valences are perfect.I just posted NEW pictures of our redo in the dining/school room and I hate to put up curtains BC the light is just perfect.It reminds me of the Amish homes with Gods Light just shining upon.
    Blessings to you and your family.

    I like to blog book idea,it reminds me of an yearbook.Maybe I can get one for our family to remember times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the window with just the valance. It lets so much light into the room.

    The picture of your son looking through your blog book is precious. Those books will get lots of use through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the New Look.. airy curtains

    Blessings
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the valances. It looks nice and bright in there and I just love natural light!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your valances are so pretty! A nice change indeed:)
    And I cant get over how nice those blog books are!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to visit your blog,Katy! I feel like I'm visiting you "for real" when I read your new posts and watch pictures from your lovely home :) And I can't help thinking: Oh, I wish she was my neighbor in "real life" :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty valances Katy - - looks good! I really like the pictures on the cover of your second blog book too! Thanks for sharing - - Have a blessed day! (:

    Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where did you get the book made, I think I would really like having my blog made into a book for our children to read later when they get older :-)

    you can reach me at harryandrenee@gmail.com

    Thanks
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katy,
    I am new to your blog and am having a fantastic time getting to know you and your beautiful family! Thanks for the posts!
    I love the look of the valences! They are gorgeous...is that Battenburg lace on them? Also, the idea of the books is fantastic...I am a jouornal keeper/blog writer too, along with scrapbooking...this would combine all of it into one fantastic keepsake! Thanks for the idea!
    Stop by Saturday Morning Confusion sometime and see me! :)
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy