Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yesterday

While the children rested and watched a movie, I got some cleaning and baking done yesterday. I made soft pretzels and tried a new recipe for bread!


A lot of baking equals a lot of clean up, afterward! ;)

I believe, in older posts, way back, I may have shown you my Mary Engelbreit bathroom (I love her art...it's so cheerful and happy!). I thought I would share it, today, for any who may have missed it...as it is one of my favorite rooms!

Below, on the wall to the far right, under the hat box, is a cross stitched piece that a dear friend made me. I love it and think of her each time I see it! :)





I read a couple chapters of Little House, to the children yesterday afternoon....and soon, they were all snoozing.

Much rest is needed when your body is fighting a bit of a bug!

I found THIS cute little website that has a lot of fun information about the Little House books and people. HERE is the Little House Family Tree, which I found fun to look at too! I know there are many different links to learn about Laura Ingalls Wilder and her family...but I hadn't seen those before, so I wanted to share! :)

Although *still* coughing, the children's fevers seem to have gone down and they have gained a bit more energy! Xavier and I even worked on some schoolwork this morning! Thank you for keeping them in prayer, when led to do so. I so appreciate it! The children will, I assume, still be taking it *slower* today...but I am thankful that they seem to be on the mend. I will continue doing laundry and may make some cinnamon rolls today...I have a new recipe, for them, that I would like to try. :)

I hope you have an enjoyable day. Thank-you for stopping to visit!
Warmly,
Katy :)

He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

12 comments:

  1. What a darling bathroom! You've inspired me to put more effort into decorating our bathrooms. Soft pretzels sound delicious today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your bathroom and you are so right her work is so cheerful.

    Your pretzels look so good do you have a favorite receipe to share for them.

    I will continue to pray for the children and there recovery.

    Hugs,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ME as well and I love, love, love your bathroom! thanks for sharing the photos with us and thank you for your kind advice for customizing my blog. I haven only one post so far, but I'd love it if you stopped by to take a look. It isn't finished yet but I would never have been able to get this far without your help! Thank you very much Katy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were so smart and full of energy,and accomplished so much! Love the bath decor. Oh yeah, can I borrow you or your energy!!!lol
    Have a Blessed day! Luv-Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband had just asked when I will be making pretzels again ... now I can let him drool over your picture. lol
    Nap time is always a good thing but especially when the body tells you its time. Prayers for your young'ns.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also would be interested in youre pretzel recipe! Your bathroom looks so cheery and love the coziness of your kitchen too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think you should make a care package for the sister you love so much... you know... bread, soft pretzels.... :) heehee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pretzels look so good I could reach right through my screen and snatch one, LOL!!! Hope everyone gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your baked goods look yummy. You have a nice granite ware soap dish. Looks like your sisiter is hinting for some fresh baked goods. Prayers for the Littles. Blessings! Lara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Katy,
    Glad to hear your little ones have turned the corner. Lots of nasties around our part of Australia at present. Perhaps it is something to do with the change of season.
    Would love to get your recipe for Cinnamon Rolls if it works out well. I've always wanted to try those.
    Have a lovely day.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Katy
    your baked looks very yummi,especially the bretzels.your bathroom is wonderful.i love the little house from laura ingalls wilder,i have all books.
    have a blessed day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy