Thursday, March 3, 2011

Common Things

"Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life."
-Robert Louis Stevenson


Our days have been continuing on...with the common-ness that they each hold. I am thankful for that *common-ness*, though. Some seem to think that common = mundane. I don't think that way at all. I am thankful for the seemingly plain parts of my life. As I see the country (and parts of the world) come falling down around us, I find peace in my daily-doings.

I, often, wish I could stand on a mountain and cry out to everyone that we should all just live quiet, peaceful lives. Work hard, take care of your resposibilites, help those in need (so the government doesn't need to be involved), and love one another. Of course, there are many who don't agree. It saddens me that people expect to be "taken care of" by the government (who gets all their money from us, the tax-payers). Oh, there is so much I could say...but truly, if you agree with me already, I don't need to convince you. If you don't agree ~ I'm sure there is nothing I could say that would change your mind.

So here I am, at home, caring for my home and family. I live my life to please God. I try to be an example to others....through my faith, caring for my responsibilities, and loving others the best way I can. Are you? We Christians need to live our faith out. Live out love...praying for others, giving to others (willingly...) of our time, money and abilities. Wouldn't it be great if Christians around the world could love one another enough to take care of, help and teach each other...so it wasn't dictated by the government? Is it better to teach a man to fish, or give a man a fish?

Oh how glorious Heaven will be...the dwelling place of Perfection. Although I love the blessings bestowed upon me by the Creator in this life, I know this isn't my *home*. I sing THIS song by Phil Wickham, isn't it absolutely beautiful!? Heaven will truly hold the greener pastures our hearts long for! :)

Today, I am hanging out some laundry on the line! Yes, it's still cold out...but oh, the sun is shining and most of the snow is melted! Madelyn and Xavier are enjoying time outside, playing and running! Jaxson, unfortunately, is feeling a bit under-the-weather. A bit of a cold with a fever mixed in (and a loss of appetite) has him curled up and resting in "daddy's chair".

Here are some photos of my *common-ness*....


My latest reading materials, my Bible and Peace with God...

Magazines...

The table set for supper...


Corn, canned from the summer harvest, for supper...

Cheesy Chicken for supper...

Much to do for the day, awaiting me. Off I go!
Thank-you for stopping by!

Warmly,
Katy
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

9 comments:

  1. Great post Katy. You and I have the same thoughts. I love reading your blog. Reading your posts brings great peace to my day. Hope Jaxson will be feeling better soon, so he can join in on the playing outside. Have a great day.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you and I have some of the same thoughts. I love the routine of my days! It gives me comfort and I find joy in the little things.

    My Megan had the same sickies as Jaxson two weeks ago. I hope he is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! A girl at work and I were just talking about all the people who are on disability because of drug and alcohol abuse. We were also talking about how people can deduct their gambling losses on their income taxes. Why should people be rewarded for deviant behavior?! It just baffles me:( I guess all we can do is take care of our own and hope we are raising our children to love God with all of their hearts and to be good and responsible citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live a 'quieter' lifestyle too. Gardening, crafting and bird-watching in our retirement. Trusting always in the Lord who provides our every need.
    I wish more would learn to put their trust in the Lord and less in mankind. Government 'help' is not the answer to what's wrong with our nation.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post. I agree we need to do our responsibilities insead of the goverment. Even when we struggled we never ask them for help. we made do. And God provided every time. i love being able to stay home and teach my children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMEN!

    In total agreement with your post ~ Keep up the good work Katy . . . I enjoyed visiting today as always!

    Smiles and well wishes sent you way!
    Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! So well said! I too live a "common" life of Homeschooling, baking, cleaning, laundry, taking care of our children and home. I wouldn't trade it for the world!! I am also hanging out laundry today, still cold here too. I hope you have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful visit to your warm lovely home I enjoyed today. Blessings! Lara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I LOVE your dishes... is that chickens on them, if so where on Earth did you find them? I have been searching for red chicken dishes for months now and those would be PERFECT!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy