Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Our birthdays are....

...feathers in the broad wing of time." ~Jean Paul Richter

Yesterday was Chris's birthday! Madelyn thought he should get the day off work *because* it was so! (Wishful thinking from a sweet 9 year-old heart!) In celebration of daddy's birthday...the children hung signs up throughout the house...



While Chris was at work, I made a yellow cake, if you click that link you will find a recipe..but it's a smidge different from the recipe I used. :) I also made peanut butter frosting for on top! Madelyn and Xavier enjoyed the beaters from the mixer! (Jaxson, still quite under-the-weather was napping.)...

X informed me that it wasn't right to only have four candles on the cake because "daddy isn't turning four, he's 32!" ;)

When Chris got home from work, we enjoyed a meal (requested by the birthday-boy-himself) of hamburger stroganoff over homemade noodles. Later in the evening, some close family came by to celebrate with some cake and icecream! We had a nice evening of chatter, laughing and celebration of thirty-two years of beautiful life God has given my Christopher. I am so grateful!

If you remember, please say a prayer for Jaxson as he battles this bit of fever and cold. He's had it for three days now and I am quite sure he is *sick* of being *sick*! :)

Just a quick stopping-in for me today...
So glad you took the time to come by for a *hello*!
Joyfully,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

8 comments:

  1. A happy birthday wish for your hub! And, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate that we miss this stuff... :( happy birthday to chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my girls had fever and a cough about 3 weeks ago...it lasted about 4 or 5 days and really wiped them out, too. Might have been the same thing.

    I will pray for him and you, too!

    Happy Birthday to your Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday... to Chris
    Cake sounds so yummy....
    Praying healing comes too the
    little guy too...
    Blessings
    Trish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning, Katy,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and signing on as a follower. It looks like a wonderful family birthday party.

    I hope you little guy gets better soon. Lots of kids at school have had influenza and strep throat. He should be getting over it by now.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Chris! Hope your little one is feeling better, it's so sad when they're sick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Birthday is also in March.
    Its the 6th of March


    Pamela
    NE Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new reader of your blog, and I will just tell you that I like it so much :) You give me inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy