Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Day in Early Spring

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
~Charles Dickens


We have been incredibly thankful for the beautiful sunshine that has been shining, bright, these past few days! The days still hold a bit of chilliness...but we'll take it! I have taken advantage of the weather and gotten loads of laundry out on the lines to dry. The children have been outside, playing, as much as they can. When they get too cold, inside they come to warm up and *thaw-out*. Then, back outside they go!

The *girls* have been quite happy that the snow has melted and eagerly go around, de-bugging the house!


The children made a ladder and a rope to swing from...


They also attempted to make a tree house, but realized it wasn't an *easy* project to complete without daddy's help!


Laundry, soaking in the smells of spring air, drying on the line...

Inside, bread rises...

And bakes...

Jaxson, along with his friend *construction puppet*, enjoyed serenading us!



Eggs and homemade toast for supper....

Madelyn and Xavier, jumping on the trampoline...

X is *just* like his daddy. He flips every which way and can just do amazing things!

I am so thankful for the spring days that have arrived. Winter can seem to last much too long, it seems. The birthing of new life, as plants pop through the soil and leaves begin to grow, brings me joy. Putting on clothes or snuggling in quilts that have been washed and line-dried, breathing in that wonderful smell of *spring*, is blissful, really! If you have a clothesline that's not in use, I encourage you to *put* it into use! You will be so, so glad you did!

The skies are blue and the sun is shining, as I type...but it looks as though rain (and maybe *EEK* some snow) may be coming, according to the weather forecast. I may still try to get some laundry out on the line, while it's still nice. I already have some dough rising, to make monkey bread. Schooling and housework will fill the rest of the day!

And lastly, for today, I wanted to share with you the blessing I received in the mail yesterday...

It is an absolutely beautiful, handmade (fabulous quality) bag sent from the extremely generous Lara from Sam Harvey. She does absolutely fantastic work with these bags and sent me one, *just because*. Isn't that incredibly kind!? If you haven't before, you need to check out her shop. Her bags are truly my *favorite*! Thank-you, Thank-you Lara!!!

I'm so glad you stopped by today. I hope you are enjoying your spring days...sunshine does much to lift the spirits, doesn't it? :) Smile much and enjoy your day! xoxo

Kindly,
Katy


He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

9 comments:

  1. When my boys were learning to read, they often read with the puppet "reading" the story. I long for those days...sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful bag indeed, how nice of her:) I love construction puppet, LOL, looks like he would be VERY entertaining;) have a wonderful day Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me just want to come over and visit! I love clothes on the line, children enjoying the outdoors, chickens scratching and bread in the oven!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the laundry on the line picture... warms my heart!!! I want a clothes line so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do a "Spring" post as well! I love how your boys are all boys! :)
    Ahhhh....now I can go about my day with a renewed freshness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely bag!!!
    And the barn scene is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely pics of the kids..
    beautiful bag..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a perfect day at your home, Katy! Just the kind of life we like to live.

    Thanks for sharing it!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely post....thanks for sharing....blessings

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy