Monday, March 7, 2011

A Day for Rest

After lots and lots of rain with all the snow melted and lots of mud (my least favorite thing about spring)...the temperature dropped and snow began falling again! We are now blanketed in a layer of snow...which looks much prettier than the mud but I would be willing to guess that many of us Pennsylvanians are getting pretty tired of the *white stuff*! ;)

I am happy to say that Jaxson is on-the-mend after battling a cough, fever and exhaustion for a good many days. He is still coughing...but feeling much better. Thank you for keeping him in prayer. *Unfortunately* Madelyn and Xavier seemed to have caught Jaxson's bug. Fevers and coughing, headaches and exhaustion...all seem to be the theme in this house recently!

I am thankful that, so far, I have not caught that pesky bug...so I am able to care for my little ones. I must admit though...there's not a lot of caring to be done...as aside from tylenol, snuggling them into blankets, and keeping them hydrated there's not much else I can do for them. They are resting for today...watching movies and listening as I read "Little House" to them.

I have been working on doing some cleaning in my bedroom, as they watch a movie. I will do some laundry and other housework, as well. I may make some soft pretzels and some other items, later. My mom is making the trip to my sister's house to visit with her and Eloise for a bit today. I am glad for her to be able to go...but a selfish, emotional side of me broke into tears because there is something about having your *own* mama close that is comforting, as you are caring for your own children when they aren't well.

At some point today...I may snuggle down under an afghan, while the children nap, and soak in a little from this book...

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are and that you and each of yours are happy and healthy! The sun *is* shining here (hopefully it will melt away all that "white stuff"!) and we are all happy...still working on the *healthy* part though! ;)

Kindly,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

9 comments:

  1. Hang in there Katy! Keeping you and your babies in prayer ~ for strength and a speedy recovery, as well as your momma's safe trip to visit with your sister and niece. (: (: (: (:
    Spring is near and EASTER!! How is your church's play (pageant) coming along?

    Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope they are feeling better soon! My youngest is running a high temp today too. :-(

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully, the sickness will pass and it isn't a stomach virus!

    Lot's of rest is just the thing. You are a good Mama reading to them and meeting their needs. It is comforting just to have Mama nearby!

    The sun is shining in our portion of PA - but windy and chilly too!

    Wishing you a day of gentleness, and tender care!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad Jaxson is better and hope the others will be well soon. Stay well. Hopefully our snow is over for this season. The trees are getting green and we have some bulbs up and blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the littles get well quickly! Praying it doesn't get you and hubby. We have been getting snow since early yesterday afternoon and it just stopped a bit ago, but not before it dumped about 2 feet of it! So no the sun did not shine here today!LOL!! But thats ok I had a nice nexpected snow day from my babies and napped and watched some old movies, then made a pot of chili and making some garlic bread to go with it using my homemade artisan bread I made and froze a couple of months ago!!:0) Hope you all have a wonderfully Blessed week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know how you like the book. I have all 3 of the tightwad gazettes and love them.

    I hope your little ones get to feeling better!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry that M and X caught the bug. It has been around my home and it is a nasty little thing! Praying that they feel better very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy~ Prayers that the little ones are feeling better soon and that you stay healthy. I love your headboard, that must be your side of the bed with all the books :) looks just like mine...
    Blessings,Joann
    OH by the way we do have sun, bright blue sky and only the occasional puffy white cloud.Our temps are in the low to mid 6o's

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love 'Little House'! My husband and I read the whole set to my girls a couple years back. Snuggle down, hope the little ones feel better soon! I will send some sun over there.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy