Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just As You Are

I am almost finished reading the book Peace With God by Billy Graham. It's truly a beautiful book. I hoped that you, like me, would find these words from Graham to be encouraging and helpful to you...

"God made you as you are! He placed you where you are! So you can best serve and glorify Him just as you are, where you are. Some people are always looking on the other side of the fence because they think the grass is greener. They spend so much time wishing things were different, and thinking up alibis for why they are not, that they overlook all the advantages and opportunities open to them right where they are.....Don't let your circumstances get you down. Learn to live graciously within them, realizing the Lord Himself is with you."
~Billy Graham, Peace With God (emphasis mine)

Isn't that so true, and beautiful? Isn't it wonderful, we can come just as we are to the Creator of the Universe and worship Him!? :) Life isn't perfect, *we* aren't perfect...but He sure is! I find it so humbling that in His Perfection, He loves us despite our wretched imperfections! He doesn't *have* to....He chooses to. To know true Love is to be a child of the King.

Lord, help me to live from day to day
In such a self-forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray
My prayers shall be for others.

Help me in all the work I do
Ever to be sincere and true,
And know that all I do for Thee
Must needs be done for others.

Others, Lord; yes, others.
Let this my motto be.
Let me live for others
That I may live like Thee.

~C. D. Meigs

The boys are back to their energetic, joy-filled selves...but Madelyn is still fighting an ever-so-slight fever and a horrible cough. The energy the boys have, which would be expended gloriously outside if the weather permitted, is a bit much for Madelyn to endure. So, as I nuture my eldest here at home, Xavier and Jaxson have gone to Pop-Pop's garage with daddy to "work". My mom will be there as well to keep an eye on them and the boys will have fun, riding bikes and "working". Madelyn will get some much-needed rest and care. :)

Xavier, yesterday, reading Peter Pan...

Chris had to work late last night, so I made some pizza and the children and I ate it for supper...

...and then nestled down, comfy-like, and watched A Journey Home (which I really enjoyed!)...

And, a picture from a few nights ago that just makes me chuckle! Xavier made a crown for King Daddy...placed it on his head and then said that he (X) was the King's protector (shown here with his trusty sword and shield! He had been smiling sweet until daddy told him that he needed to be a fierce knight of protection!)....

And, before I go, I wanted to share THIS link with you. It goes to audio of Voddie Baucham speaking on Biblical Womanhood. It comes in 8 parts (all parts together equally about an hour, I believe). You can listen to the 10 minute long part 1 now....and part 2 at another time, if you like. But it really *is* worth listening to as you are checking your email or such, on the computer. :)

If you haven't already, you can go HERE to get the cinnamon roll recipe that gets rave reviews from my family! :) If you want to try baking...these cinnamon rolls are absolutely delicious! :)

Thank-you for visiting me, here, today! I hope you are enjoying more sunshine than we (rain, rain go away!).

From a very wet and soggy Western PA,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

14 comments:

  1. Love the crown...I am chuckling because it is so small....so cute. Daddy is such a good sport for playing along. I love to see how much you enjoy your family. Thanks for sharing such a sweet post. Have a great day!! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,

    I enjoyed A Journey Home too. Thank you for the link on Voddie Baucham. I have not heard of him speak on womanhood. Right now, my husband and I are reading Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham. You can read about our experience from my blog. Voddie Baucham is a powerful and encouraging speaker.

    Our family is recovering from sickness too. I hope everyone is well soon so we can attend a local Contra dance on Saturday.

    Blessing,
    Tina
    www.peacefulviewacres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, I feel like today's post was just for me today! How I needed to hear those words~thank you for sharing them...
    You are a blessing!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon Katy,
    It is really soggy, windy, and just plain juckie here.

    I have to agree with Kelley, "this post was meant for me today" ... Thank you.

    I want to come back to your post later so I can listen to Part 1 of the video by Voddie Baucham.

    God Bless You,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming from another soggy Western PA'er ~ thanks for the audio link! I'm always looking for things like this to listen to in the morning before we start our lessons or while I'm busy preparing dinner!

    We've got the sickies here too! Only in our house, I'm the sick one. My loving mother kept the kids all day today so i could get some much-needed rest. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful, Godly mother. Stay dry! And brace yourself for all the snow we're supposed to get tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope sweet Madelyn is well soon. Glad the boys are back to normal, but I do understand the need for them to be out of the house!

    We are soggy, boggy here in Lancaster County, too...longing for the sun!

    Voddie has been such an encouragement through his books, messages, etc...

    Love Franklin Springs movies!

    Stay dry and have a good weekend!

    Blessings
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Thank you Katy! I'm like your friend Kelley, who was particularly blessed with your post today. (: You're such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your thoughts on "just as you are!" Why is that so hard to learn???? Here I am, 63 years old and just getting it! Thank you for the reminder that God made me just like I am and He wants to use me just as I am. Such a freeing thing that I don't have to measure up to someone else's measuring stick. And by the way, I love the crown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope your baby girl feels better soon..
    lovely pics of the family..
    you have such a kind soul..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy,
    I love the header to your blog. It would make a beautiful cover when you make this year's blog book!
    Thanks for all the encouragement you give to this christian sister.
    Teresa in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katy!

    Just wanted to get back on here to say that I really like your new header - - but I liked the other one too. . . Hope you guys are enjoying a warm, sunny Saturday! (: (: (:

    Smiles and well wishes sent your way!
    Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope by now you little Maddie is doing better. I have read Dr. Grahams book. Thank you for reminding me of something I already knew!! Like others, I wonder why we let ourselves forget why we are where we are? I like the new header too! Blessings and peace to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much to think about in your post today. I pray for health for all your family especially Madelyn. Thank you for the recipe, i'll be trying that one. Have a lovely weekend.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your new header.You and your family would really enjoy a trip to Charlotte, NC to Billy Graham's Home and Museum. I admired his wife, Ruth. I ordered a free book from their site about her and it was wonderful.
    Love to you and yours!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy