Monday, December 29, 2008

A Lovely Christmas!

We had a really nice Christmas celebration this year! On Christmas Eve, we went to church services and then went to my aunt's house to visit with family and eat desserts and snacks! The kids were each dressed in Christmas outfits and full of smiles!

Christmas morning, we started out by reading Luke 2....then downstairs to open presents and eat some rolls!

Madelyn got her very first KJV Bible! She has gotten "kids" bibles before (where the stories are paraphrased for easy reading etc)...but this is the real Bible and still has fun facts in it for kids! She was so excited to get it!!! :)


Family came over for brunch. I made french toast casserole with praline topping...ever since I started making that....it has been a MUST for every Christmas. Below is a pic of my sister and Cory opening the gift we got them that my friend, Kindra, made!!! They loved them!



Jaxson got a train for Christmas from my parents and the boys were quick to get it set up to play with!!! The kids loved it....(Chris did too..hehe!).


I have spent some of the time working on my knitting. Below is a pic of a couple dish cloths I made for Cory (my sister's fiance)'s parents. They came to our Christmas brunch as well and it was such a blessing for them to be here! They are so kind and my kids adore them (and they adore my kids too!!!)


And some dish cloths, so far, that I have been working on for my friend, Elise......


The days have been spent cleaning up (for me)...and lots of playing for the kids!

Saturday, a group of friends from high school, and their families came over to visit. We had a fun time...talking and eating and such! :) Saturday evening, however, I came down with the flu bug. I was sooo sick. I was in bed all day yesterday and am now...just starting to recooperate. I have a house to get back in order...(Chris was a wonderful man....took the kids to church and then came home and made lunch for the kids and everything...however~not one speck of my kitchen counter was visible when I went downstairs this morning! Good grief!!!) and I have Christmas decor to put away....gifts to find homes for etc. I am just taking it one thing at a time though since I am still not feeling 100%. (Last evening was Chris's side's Christmas...and I didn't get to go. I was pretty bummed. It's so lonely when you are sick...know what I mean?)

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Thanks so much for stopping by!!! xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Just love all those photos, Katy! Such sweet smiles. I just love it when the "men" enjoy the toys as much as the children! LOL

    Your wash clothes are darling. Love the colors you chose. My mom gave me a big stack of them for Christmas and I was one happy girl! They're my favorite.

    It's so awful to be sick at Christmas. Poor dear. Despite the piles of Christmas stuff, hope you take time to rest and get well.

    Happy New Year!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you and your family had a great Christmas!

    The pictures are great. I love your little girl's Christmas sweater, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy...I hope you're feeling a lot better today!
    ....and I hope the bug doesn't make it way through the rest of the family!
    Your pictures are just wonderful!
    Everyone is so happy, smiling faces abound!
    Looks like a glorious Christmas at your home! :)

    Feel better-
    -Happy New Year to you and your family! May your blessings be abundant in 2009!

    -hugs, Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your little family are just sooo precious !!! God Bless you !! I enjoy reading your Blog so much !! You are a true inspiration for all young mothers and beautiful witness of your Faith !!
    I have a gift I'd like to send you...I remember reading that you like Mary Engelbright ( spelling?) I have a book, actually more like a large journal with pages that are folders and spaces to write and keep track of ideas and inspirations for any re-modeling or fixing up of the home...I'll take a pic of it for you..I can't think of a person I'd love to have it more than you !!
    Email me through my blog and I'll send the pic of it to you and get your address....
    Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you all had a great Christmas! So Sorry you were sick. Praying for a speedy recovery!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your Christmas..so much fun when the kids are little....
    so sorry you've been sick....not fun at holiday time...no hurry getting things put away though...they will wait for you...just get well and I hope the rest of the family doesn't get it.....
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing all the photos from Christmas. The kids' smiles are priceless. :) So glad your sister liked her blocks. Hee hee.

    I hope you are feeling better soon. That's no fun to be sick around the holidays.

    Oh and you are sure knitting away on all your projects! Elise is a sweetheart, I know she will just love your handmades.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Everyone is all smiles and adorable in their Christmas gear!

    Sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you start to feel better soon. Don't over do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos - looks like such a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Years!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy,

    Hope you feel better ASAP!!One year I had tomiss out on some celebrations because I was sick and it was indeed lonely.

    Happy New Year to your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas with family! (I do hope that you're feeling well again soon.)Your knitting is really inspiring. Those dishcloths are so pretty! Keep up the good work, I do enjoy seeing your projects. Take good care :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Katy, Looks like your family had an awesome Christmas! The kids look very, very pleased. Your french toast casserole sounds wonderful. Makes me hungry. Wishing you a blessed New years. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Katy! I hope you are feeling better soon! Your kids are just so cute! I remember when Emily was little we dressed her in sweet little sweater outfits just like that! It looks like you had a busy, tiring, fun Christmas! Happy New Year! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What precious photos! Your children are adorable.

    Glad ya'll had a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of the pictures you shared. It looks like you all had fun! Sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I hope you are feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Katy!
    Loved seeing yall celebrate Christmas! The pics are wonderful and it did my heart so good to see your daughter get a bible for Christmas! Awesome!
    Have a very Happy new Year...
    that praline "stuff" you mentioned made my MOUTH WATER. MMMM DELISH!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great Christmas. I loved your knitting. I hope it wasn't a tummy bug and that whatever it was it stops with you and goes no farther.

    Love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the pics, Katy!! Looks like you and your sister have similar looking men. :)
    Love the dishcloths!! Yay!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy