Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Jaxson!!!


Oh how the past three years have flown by! I can't believe my baby is 3! It has been such a wonderful blessing watching him grow!


He certainly is turning into a little man. He is losing his "baby"ness. It's such a bittersweet time. I will so miss all the baby things...and yet, love watching all the new things that come with getting older. I suppose most mothers feel this way as they watch their children grow.


His speech is incredible. He always talks whole sentences and phrases. He does super well. He has been talking for SO long...and well! He has to though...LOL. He has to speak up to survive life with his older brother and sister! hehe! But....sometimes he still has baby speech...for example...My mom called him this morning to sing Happy Birthday to him and she said he was a monkey. He corrected her by saying..."I not a monkey! I Jaxson!" LOL! I love when he still makes speech mistakes...it keeps him young longer, for I know that soon, the mistakes will be fewer and his speech will be practically flawless.


Tonight we are having a VW bug themed party. My sister (Devon) has a beetle and Jaxson just loves it. I have one too, that I drove in high school...but it has been parked for years and years and years! LOL Devon is making a cake and I am making VW cupcakes! It will be a small family party..but I know Jaxson will enjoy it! Devon even found a pinata of a beetle!!! So fun! The kids will have a blast!!!!


Last night, I had a meeting at church. This is my first year co-directing a big Easter Passion play my church does each year. It is so exciting and I am so looking forward to it. I am hoping it is fresh and new and a wonderful witness for Easter 2009!!! :) It is each year it is done...but I am just hoping we can breathe more life into it and give people a greater zeal and excitement to do it. Sometimes all the practices can get overwhelming and time consuming and stressful. But I have been in prayer for this play to work through the lives of those who are in it and helping with it....as well as those who come to watch it!!! :o)

AND...oh my goodness....i saw a horrible picture taken of me a few weeks ago by my grandpa. I know I am not a skinny minny...but you know how sometimes pictures can just make you look HORRIBLE??? This picture did just that! I almost cried! Plus, I am matron of honor in my sister's wedding in May.....so after the holidays...I HAVE to get thinning down! For my health and because I just want to look better. I know the picture was taken at a bad angle....but I still know that I have weight to lose. So that is on my agenda after Christmas!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I truly appreciate each comment I get!!! OH...and a BIG reminder to everyone...say "Merry Christmas!" to everyone! Don't say "Happy Holidays". Don't take out the reason FOR the season, which is Christ...whose birthday we are celebrating!!! xoxo

19 comments:

  1. hooray! happy birthday jax!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Jaxson...Happy Birthday to You!!!
    Kath~I am starting my weight loss regime on Jauary 2nd. Let's do it together to keep each other motivated. Anyone else in Blogland want to join us?
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet age and face, HAPPY BIRTHDAY 3 year old!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jaxson!

    I hear ya Katy with the bad angled pictures. My Grandpa in law (hahaha) took a picture of me sitting on the couch and I looked HORRIBLE!! Like it wasn't even me. Or a week after I had Joseph I had Katelin's bday party..there's a picture of me on the couch with my Aunt and Uncle..well I look huge. LOL I thought I looked pretty good all day despite that picture. Maybe I shouldn't take pictures sitting on a couch. JK

    Good luck with the weight loss. I know you can do it. :) You are very beautiful.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Jaxson!! I hope you have a great time at your party!!
    I too need to lose weight as well, I can't believe how much weight I have put on since we moved into the house over a year ago! STRESS!!! Take care Katy!!hugs~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I have been viewing you blog for a few months and have been enjoying it.

    About the weight loss thing. I stuggled to lose the extra weight after I had our 4th baby. I was always thin with a flat stomach and now my body had changed. I was not happy with myself I was wearing a size 14 and decided thing needed to change. A friend of mine told me about the Master Cleanse so I tried it. It is a detox program but you loose weight too. I lost a total of 30 pounds in 6 months. I also used weights and a treadmill. The key to any weight loss program is you need to change your eating habits. I am happy now that I am wearing a size 8.

    PS> Happy Birthday Jaxson! My baby will be turning 2 soon.

    Blessing,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday little Jaxson! I hope he has a wonderful and very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time flies so enjoy that little 3 year old. He'll be driving before you know it!! Have a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Jaxson! Can't wait to see pictures of his birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great age! Enjoy this time, Mom! It goes by so fast.
    Happy birthday, little man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Jaxon!!! Time sure does fly, doesn't it?!

    And I know what you mean about horrible pictures. Yikes!

    I always make a point of saying "Merry Christmas," too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you guys will be having tons of fun this evening. Happy Birthday, Jaxson!!

    As for the play, I'm so excited to start practices. It's going to be a great year. I can feel it!

    Love ya, Katy!!!

    p.s.
    I miss your Sunday school class!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Jaxson! You are a sweetheart!
    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Jaxon!! You are too a monkey coz I think I saw a picture of you swinging above your bed. (That was him wasn't it?) LOL
    Katy,
    You are going to be a beeeeautiful matron of honor! TRUE STORY!!!
    And I'm so excited about your Easter play!!!
    lea
    Hello to your sissy! Yall have a fun party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Jaxson!

    They do grow so fast. I cannot believe that Af is going to turn 6 and Shane 10 in just a few months!!! It is so bittersweet.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  16. My oldest is 13 and it went by so quickly...enjoy these days!

    Love your chicken in your header...bless

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to your little one! :)

    And see.... that's why I (almost) never allow anyone to make pictures of me, he he..

    greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW the BIG #3--YAY!
    Happy Birthday Jaxson!!!! :)



    Have a beautiful day-Katy!


    hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy