Friday, December 19, 2008

A Hat For One Of My Nephews!!!

I know you are all probably so sick of seeing hats and dishcloths. Those are the things that have been on my knitting needles lately. I really do hope to be knitting different things in the future to show you...but for now....hats and dishcloths are it. ;o)

The hat looks gray in the top pic...but that is just from the flash. The blue of the hat in the pic below is a better representative of it! Xavier is modeling it for me in the pic below (making a crazy face...LOL). I am working on a black hat for my other nephew. (I have two nephews and no nieces....yet!) I hope my nephews like them. It is my hope (we will see if this works out) that I can make them each a new hat each year using a different pattern every year! We'll see if that can happen!!! :o)

We have lots of rain and ice here in PA...I have been praying for those out on the roads and hoping everyone stays safe. I am very thankful that the kids and I are able to stay safe and cozy in our home. AND...I am so so excited....tonight (the first night in a while) Chris is coming home after work and we will actually all get to have supper together at the table! Deer season is finally OVER!!!! Wooooohoooooooo!!!! (Can you sense my excitement?) I hope you all have an absolutely lovely weekend!!! xoxo

9 comments:

  1. That's great news, Katy! Deer Season here in South Carolina runs from mid-August until New Year's Day. You would NOT like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, here in Iowa there are several different deer season--bow and arrow which is longer, black powder which is longer and two weekends in December. By longer, I think these are like a month or so. On the second weekend, alot of the guys do what they call a drive. A bunch of them get together. Some stand at one end of a field or draw and the others stomp through the field or draw and drive the deer toward the others. They take turns and that way everybody has a chance to get one. We think this is extremely inhumane but it is something they just do. We never get any venison but that's ok.
    That stocking cap makes those blue eyes really show! Is somebody even closer to you going to get a beautiful blue hat?
    Have a wonderful dinner with your whole family! And a great weekend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at your knitting Katy!
    I have all my patterns dug out for you, and hope to get them in the mail to you in the next few days...as soon as we get decent weather to get to the post office.
    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very cute hat, Katy! I think it's great that you can knit gifts for your family!

    We don't have rain here today, but it's almost 70 degrees...can you believe it?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you get to have your husband back!! I know how it is-mine hunts for the deer, but has had no luck in the past few years.
    Oh well, he says he just enjoys sitting in a tree!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hats are cute!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today...I like meeting other K-A-T-Y's. Y is the best!!! :)
    Have a great Christmas and come visit again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My MOST FAVORITE dishcloths ever were knitted one (or maybe crocheted) that my aunt made. I must learn to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you'll have your hubby back home more often.

    Your kiddos always make the cutest faces! What a bunch of hams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy,
    I love, love, love seeing your knitting!!:)
    Your blog is so cute! Have a wonderful holiday season with your family!!
    Hugz,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy