Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Hat For Madelyn!

Well, I finished knitting a hat for Madelyn yesterday! She was excited and loved it! (Which warmed my heart!) Jaxson wants one too...but before I knit his, I want to try and knit one for each of my 2 nephews....before Christmas...LOL. So I gotta get knitting. But as we all know, it is not conducive for a orderly home to just sit and knit all day. We have schooling to do, cleaning, cooking, baths, breaking up minor sibling brawls etc.... ;o). So...I knit when I have time and just do the best I can :).

I am so excited to learn how to do some more difficult knitting as well. As of now, all I really make are dishcloths, hats and scarves. I would love to learn how to do other things! I am sure I will sometime soon....I totally LOVE making things!

Today we have lots to do...things at home...plus I have a few errands to run...and then church activities tonight....so off this computer I must go! I hope you all have a lovely day and thank you so much for stopping by and reading! xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks great on her - fantastic job!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I tried crocheting years ago. While I did ok, I was a teenager when a friend of my mom's was teaching me and I just could not stand to sit there as long as needed and do nothing but crochet, drove me nuts! I should try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy~I love seeing pictures of your kids...They always look so happy! Never without a smile!
    I can tell that that comes from a wonderful and caring family life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pretty pink color of that hat! I love the feeling of accomplishment when I make something! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! And I love the color! I agree with Janene, your children are the product of a fine upbringing and it shows! Hugs! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hat!!! (Beautiful smile on beautiful little girl as well!)
    You are doing so well with knitting!
    I love making things to....

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the hat! You're an inspiration to this wanna-be knitter!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Madelyn's hat looks great! I'm sure you will get a chance to start making ovther things. Have a great day! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hat! My daughter would be so jealous because it is pink! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hat! You have inspired me and in the New Year I am going to learn to knit and crochet. I am hopeful that I will be making hats, scarves and dishtowels as gifts for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awh she's so sweet...Love her hat! You are doin so great with that knitting Katy!! :)

    Have a great day-
    Merry Christmas!

    -Kath

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is adorable, but you are such a busy Mom. You must meet yourself coming when you are going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful!! I so wish I knew how to knit.
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. O wow, what a cute hat! It looks so cute on her! The color is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww- she looks so cute!! I can't wait to see the rest of your hats, Katy.. you do a great job on those!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mad looks awesome in hats... its really cute!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy