Friday, December 12, 2008

Snowflakes and Christmas Trees

Friday is our ART day for our schooling. Today....to go with the snow outside....Madelyn made some paper snowflakes to hang in our room! We used blue paper since the room is already so white. We needed some color!!! :)


Not only were there "snowflakes" in our house...but also outside....the girls were so happy to see me. Well...not so much happy to see me....but happy for the food scraps I was bringing them for a treat! LOL
The wonderful woodstove God made possible for us to have....heating our home...during this crisp and cold winter. We have had some wonderful friends who have given us loads of wood that were scraps they had...to go along with all the wood Chris has gathered. To say we have been blessed and protected by God is an understatement. My thankfulness toward His love and protection of us never seems like it could possibly be enough. His blessings are overflowing. That doesn't mean everything has always been easy....nor do we have an over abundance of money. But He always makes sure we are cared for and OK. I am forever grateful to Him.

After we decorated the tree (pics below)....the kids played out in the snow...



Oh no...someone got a snowball right to his rosy cheeks! Poor guy. Madelyn had a face mask on and seemed to forget that Jaxson did not. I was quick to wipe his cheeks off and he was "all better" soon! They had a lot of fun outside...but were super cold when they got back inside. After peeling off the layers of clothes and putting them to dry on the heater vents....we had lunch!

These pics are in the wrong order....we decorated before the kids went out to play...but oh well. This is how I got them on here and moving them all around is not fun...LOL.

Here is a nativity scene that my grandma gave me a few years back that I love. It belonged to my great grandpa who was an evangelist.

And here are the kids helping me decorate the tree! Notice....Xavier. Such a silly boy. He insisted on having his snowpants and coat on so as soon as we were done decorating...he could go out and play!

Our tree is super simple and sweet. I love it. Not a ton of lights. Not a ton of ornaments. (I still have loads of ornaments still in their boxes.) Just a beautiful tree picked out by my love, smelling of pine and the Christmas season. Ornaments given to us by or made from loved ones hanging on each branch....most put there by each of my littles! It is a perfect Christmas tree!

The tree doesn't look too nice in the day for pictures...but I have to tell you....it glows beautifully in the night. I love it! Here are 2 different views of it!!!


Thank you so much for stopping by to see our tree and snow pictures! I hope you all have a great weekend! Thank you for your wonderful comments on my previous posts! They are such a joy to read! xoxo

28 comments:

  1. How beautiful your tree looks. The kids look like they had a blast out in the snow! I still say you can send some my way anytime you get ready!lol Have a great weekend. Blessings, karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful and such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas tree is so pretty!! And how sweet your honey surprised you all with it!!;0) I love Madelyns snowflakes, they look so pretty against the white walls!! Have a great weekend!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is beautiful and full of memories to last a lifetime. Oh, to be young again and actually enjoy time out in the snow......

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day! Reminds me of when I was little, there were five of us. Fun filled days of snow, hot chocolate and Christmas decorations. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you would have snow :) We got a dusting yesterday and no freezing rain. I wish I took my camera to the mailbox yesterday because I could see a small section of trees (maybe only about 30) on the hill just up from our house covered in ice but nothing around them. It was so strange....

    Have a wonderful weekend :)


    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember making those kind of snowflakes when I was a child...I loved doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I remember making cut out snowflakes! What fun! I'm glad the kids got to have some snow fun! I love your tree, it is beautiful in the day pic and the night pic! Have a great weekend! Hugs! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree is perfect.....so pretty and the snow reminds me of the times we've been in Iowa for Christmas...
    we may get a little of the white stuff early this next week from what the weatherman says.... its cold and overcast today...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I am so glad to meet you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I will come back by and visit you!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy, I love your house, and how it is decorated!!! We have the exact same taste!!!!!!!!
    Love the pics of "the girls", too. I love those gosh darn chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like fun playing in the snow. Your tree is absolutely beautiful - the kids did a terrific job!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is so pretty and everyone looks so happy! Stay warm, blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katy, your tree is beautiful--PERFECT!!! :)
    Love those snow flakes!


    Have a blessed weekend!

    holiday hugs to ya-
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love real trees - there is nothing more beautiful! The snow looks fun too!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Katy,

    Beautiful pictures! I just love snowy days. Your home is so cozy!!

    Hugs and love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've tagged you Katy! Come on over and check it out!~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Katy, What a lovely winter wonderland! And I love the pics of the tree and the kids decorating. So cold outside and so warm and cozy in your snug little home. Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely way to spend the day! I remember having chickens, I always felt so bad for them in winter! The tree is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your tree. Simple and beautiful. Playing int the snow looks like such fun. I am hopeful that we will have some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your tree is beautiful and I love your snow pictures! It looks like everyone had fun playing and making snowflakes!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks great, Katy! Love those blue snowflakes.

    We just finished our decorating. I'm really behind this year but its been fun. Tomorrow we're making gingerbread boys and sugar cookies and oh whatever else I can come up with!

    Quick question ~ what kind of scraps do you feed your chickens? Now that the bugs are all gone, I feel like I need to give them treats but not sure what to give them???

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your littles did a lovely job of decorating your family tree. :)

    Oh Katy! You are so blessed to have that nativity set!

    Your wood pile looks like a real blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Katy,
    Your tree looks beautiful!! Looks like everyone had a great time decorating it and playing in the snow. Hope you have a blessed evening!! Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello. Out blog hopping and 'found' you.
    I am curious to know what the is next to the woodpile? I've never seen anything like that.
    We use a woodstove inside to burn our woood. There is NOTHING like wood heat!
    I'll be back!
    SherryBee in AZ
    http://www.youravon.com/sherrybeeson

    ReplyDelete
  26. A white Christmas is the best! Loved your pictures of your sweet family (and girls:)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy