Friday, December 12, 2008

PB Cup Cookies and a Wonderful Surprise!!!

It is cold and snowy here. We even had a fresh snow fall last evening and the trees and ground are beautiful.....all covered with a thick layer of white! :) I am not a huge fan of winter...but I admit...I LOVE freshly fallen snow. The view out of my windows is breath taking!

Anyway...the cold outside just makes me want to bake. So, the kids and I made some Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.


They were such GREAT helpers!

One of the best parts of making cookies....licking the spatula and beaters!!!!

And the finished product....yummy....delicious....peanut butter cup cookies!

We made the cookies late yesterday afternoon. Then we had a supper of taco salads! As we were finishing dinner....the dog started barking. I looked outside and I saw brake lights out front (It was already dark by this time). I wasn't sure who it was. After all, Chris has been working all day and then immediately going to the meat market after work each day to cut deer. And, I wasn't expecting anyone. Then I see the vehicle back up to our front door! It was CHRIS!!! He surprised us by taking the night off from deer processing to spend with us!!! The kids and I were soooo excited! AND...he brought home a Christmas tree as well!!!

Chris came inside and I threw my arms around him and wouldn't let go for quite a while. He was quite pleased with himself that he had surprised us so! I thanked him and told him how we were thrilled to have him home with us for the evening and he told me that he needed to be home with us just as much as we needed to be home with him!!! <3

It was snowy and rainy last night so we put up the tree and had to let it dry. It was pretty drenched in rain. Today, the kids and I will decorate it. I will be sure to take pics after we are done!
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!!!! xoxo

15 comments:

  1. Katy, those cookies look YUMMY!
    Do you have a recipe to share??

    I can't wait to see the photos of your tree! I must get some shots of mine!

    It's mild and windy and rainy here and all our snow has gone.

    Take care...enjoy your day!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy~That tree looks perfect, What a wonderful surprise!
    And those cookies have my name written all over them...I love chocolate and peanut butter, in that order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking tree! I can't wait to see it decorated.

    What a sweet guy that husband of yours is, surprising you like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Katy, What a lovely surprise!...Husband home & a Christmas tree too!....What a lovely family you are!....Merry Christmas!....Heidi XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree looks great and I was just thinking about making those cookies yesterday! Not that I got to it but I thought of it! LOL

    Has Chris been busy with cutting up deer. I have heard that the butchers around here are busy and some aren't. I just heard the other day what they're charging now to cut up a deer and WOW..it more than doubled in the last five years! I'm glad that we can do it for nothing.

    Have a great day :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time! The pictures of the children helping are precious!

    Have fun decorating the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tree and a fun surprise! The cookies look wonderful!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you're tree is gorgeous! We still don't have ours yet. Soon! :)

    Does your husband work nights or has he been out of town? Your great love for your husband shines through Katie. That is a wonderful thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such adorable little ones, Katy! Look at those grins...:D
    The cookies look wonderful!
    And how nice that their daddy could come home early from work with a Christmas tree and surprise you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that not the most perfect tree? It is beautiful! And those cookies look so yummy! That's it, I'm coming to your house for tree decorating and cookies! Lol! Hugs! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy, you are so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and family! I just feel like I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful surprise for you....he's a great guy alright.....hope you have lots of fun decorating the tree...and I'll be back to see the photos when you get finished..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've posted about those cookies not too long ago and made them a few times since, they are so good! Glad you had a special surprise and evening!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL ~ Love the photo of Jaxon with the entire spatula in his mouth. My kinda guy!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy