Friday, April 25, 2008

Gardening Work...(and fun!)

My Farm Boy!
The pics above of our my hubby, Chris...plowing out the big gardens!!! It took him till dark to do it all!! While he did that, my MIL and I (and with "help" from the kiddos) planted the raised garden with onions, beets, carrots and radishes! Out of all those foods...I only sorta like the carrots! LOL It's still fun though!

In the big gardens...we are planting sweet corn, pumpkins, green beans, peas and I think potatoes. My MIL has strawberries already planted! :) Last night when we got home, I was beat...totally tired...but it feels good to be out in God's creation...planting and seeing things grow!!! (plus with the rising cost of food...this will be a great and cheaper way for us to enjoy our favorite veggies!)

Below are some pics of the kids on the tractors...LOL First M, then X and lastly, J. I was the one taking pics...so there are no pics of me..sorry! LOL



I hope you all have a fantastic Friday!!!


***Remember...today is the last day to sign up for my giveaway!!! Don't miss out! This book is really awesome!

14 comments:

  1. Go Chris GO!
    Yay for your farm boy, Katy!
    I can't wait to show this to Hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hubby looks very professional on his tractor. What is it with men and tractors huh LOL
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing theses pictures!!The kids look like they are having a ton of fun!I love to garden.I hope we can grow some veggies this summer!Have a blessed Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How boys love their toys! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how much kids love those? Your kids are having way too much fun up there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kids looks like they're having fun and I'm sure Chris did too LOL

    I'm with you, I don't eat beets or radishes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! You have an awesome home. Looks like fun. Wouldn't see anything like that near where we live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun, our garden is big, but not nearly that big! Where did you get that cute flickering candle scounce, I love it. Thanks for sharing all the pictures of your country home, it was fun checking it all out, I enjoyed browsing! I will add you to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great job on growing your own food! I am dying to have my own farm and to be able to do what you are doing.. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun on the farm... what could be better? I hope your gardens will be bountiful this year, Katy. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh fun. we don't have a huge garden for ourselves, but someday I would like to get there. We could even sell veggies on the roadside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tractor pictures! Too cute - there is something so charming about seeing kids on a tractor. :)

    I hope your garden grows abundantly! Sounds like it will an awesome provision for your family! Maybe even enough to share with someone less fortunate.

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Now THAT is a BIG garden! Looks like you have the whole family in on it. You know your strawberries will NEVER make it to your table! heehee
    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  14. What? No spinach? LOL

    Looks like so much fun! The children look so happy. What a wonderful experience for them!

    Can't wait to see your harvest!

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy