Friday, April 4, 2008

Started my sewing project!!!!



Remember in THIS post, I had mentioned that I was going to start sewing?? Well....last night, my mom came over and helped me set up the pattern on the fabric and I pinned them down and cut them out!!!! The first step to my sewing project is DONE!!!! It is sooo exciting!!! I didn't take pics of that part...it isn't too exciting to look at...LOL. But I will take pics as I start sewing! I have to wait till my mom can come out and instruct me when I start!!! I promise I will update you with pics soon!

I am also working on a gift for my friend, Heather. I dont' think she reads my blog...so I am safe to write about it! LOL I am stitching on pillowcases for her. I will either make them for her shower gift...or if I don't have them done in time for that...then it will be a wedding present!! :) I will be sure to post pics of them too as I finish!!!!




Also...I finished the Annie's People Series by Beverly Lewis! It was a great 3 book series!! I always enjoy books by Beverly Lewis! Now I am started on a series by Lori Wick! It is called the Kensington Chronicles. It is a 4 book series! I started "The Hawk and the Jewel" yesterday. It is a different type of story than I have read before..but so far I like it and look forward to the rest of the series!! Has anyone else read this series? If so...did you enjoy it?

Also....again..a big thank you for all the wonderful comments I have been getting! I truly enjoy each one of them and appreciate you taking the time to stop by, read and leave a thought for me!! Happy Friday!!! xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of your projects. I love to make crafts! I need to have my mom give me a lesson or 2 on my sewing machine. I would love to sew up a few things.
    That was so nice of Marion to send you that fun package! What a nice surprise!
    Have a great day Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures of your sewing...I know you will love it!
    Have a great Friday Katy!

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see everything. I know you'll do such a great job. Your so crafty:)
    Have a great weekend Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Kensington Chronicles - own all 4. They are some of her earlier writings. I think the last one [but earliest time setting]"The Knight and the Dove" is my favorite of those 4.

    They are quite different than Beverly Lewis. I'm personally not a Lewis fan so maybe you won't care for the Wick stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Beverly Lewis books too!! I can't wait to see your new projects!! Thanks for your comments on my kitchen!! Have yourself a great day!!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all starts with pillowcases, then you start making curtains, clothes...the next thing you know you're standing in line outside the quilt shop, waiting for doors to open so you can be first to get ahold of all the new collections of fabric to arrive! Just you wait and see! *winks*

    So glad you're taking up sewing. Can't wait to see your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy,
    What a fun blog you have! Thanks for coming and visiting mine. It was nice to "meet" you.

    Blessings. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you!Can`t waite to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sewing is fun . . . Just saying "Hi!" -- Aimee (aimee.astitch.biz )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could be there with you when your Mom gives you instructions!!!!! I need an instructor, too! Can't wait to see your pictures! I'm agonizing over an apron right now! But I am bound and determined to do it! I'll be back to see the pictures!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see pictures!

    I'm currently shopping for sewing machines because I desperately want to learn to sew. I would also love to learn how to stitch cute patterns on tea towels...those are always so cute!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad that you're getting your project started. Before the end of the year, you'll be redecorating your home in your hand sewn creations! What fun!

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy