Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!!! ♥

Yessiree...it's Spring here in Pennsylvania!!! The sun is out...the greens are abloomin' and I am sooo loving it! I sat out on my swing today (wearing my apron that my sweet and wonderful friend, Lea, made for me) and just praised God for his creation!!! The gentle breeze...the trees and flowers blooming....sooooooooo beautiful!! Isn't that nest so pretty? There are no lil eggs in it...but I love how God gave the birds such instincts to make such a crafty lil home!!!

Our chickens are out...free ranging till sunset....and when we are out there....they will NOT leave me alone!!! Notice my shadow in the above pic? LOL...(notice my apron?? hehe!) Don't believe me? Think I just walked up to those chickens?? well...take a lookee below....here are some ACTION pics of those girls chasing me!!! AAACK!!! ROFL!!!

I took my 4 yr old son, X, to the dr today...and he has strep throat. You couldn't tell though. Except for complaining of a headache a day or two ago and that his throat hurt a lil bit...he is the same...running around with energy to spare! I am sooo glad he isn't in the pain I was in with it!!!I have been praying a lot for my kiddos and that they won't have to go through what I did with it..and God is GOOD!!! J was taking a nap...so I just took a pic of the older two! (notice M's crazy hair after a long day at school....LOL)



A pic of my sweet baby Ruthie ♥:

Hope you enjoyed the pics!!! If you haven't already...I encourage you to join us in describing your home sanctuary! Happy Tuesday!!! xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Katy! I so enjoyed your pics! Especially your chickens chasing you!!! My gals do the same thing...especially if they think I might have some tidbit for them! When the roses start bloomin' I pick off the Japanese beetles and drop them in a bucket of water...when I have cleaned all the roses, i fling the beetles in to the girls, and they go psycho! They love those beetles!
    Yes, it is spring here, but today it feels like fall...cool and sprinkles. That's OK, we got a taste of it this past weekend, and we know by faith there is more of that to come!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! You won 3rd place in the giveaway on my blog for a set of notecards! If you'll give me your address I'll mail them out to you asap :-)

    Heres my email: tigerlillyz22501@aol.com

    I LOVE those chickens! I collect little ceramic chickens! ... in fact your house looks pretty much like a mirror image of mine :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...I just wanted to come out of hiding and let you know that I've been enjoying your blog so much these past few weeks!

    I'm so afraid of chickens I would have been having a screaming fit and embarrassed myself if they chased me...

    Thank you for a wonderful blog and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun spring day!! Hey, where's a picture of you in your new apron? Would like to see that!
    Hope your son is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy-thought you might like this saying, "God gives every bird his food, but he does not throw it into the nest." Good, huh? Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy I am so happy SPRING is finally here!!!woohoo!! My tulips are about 2 inches tall now!!! I love your chickens!! I wish I could have some but we can't where we live so thats why I collect rooster things!!!LOL...So happy to here your son is alright and your other kiddos are doing well!!! God is so GOOD!!! Have a fabulous night!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sending some of that warm sunshine East aren't you? It was grey and gloomy here again tomorrow. Hubby says it is supposed to be 68 and partly sunny on Thursday....yippee! :-) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful spring day and I enjoyed all the pictures, especially your friendly chickens. :0) So cute!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, Spring! Looks like the good weather lifted everyone's spirits today, Katy. Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your pics were great.My fave was the one of thoes chickens chasing you!Lol!Btw,I agree with Kindra about wanting to see a pic of you in the apron:)I can`t waite to start posting pictures on my blog!!Have a great night!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pictures, Katy!
    (Especially you being chased by the chickens.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog and I love it! I want to participate in the making your home a sanctuary post but I have to think about it a bit :-).

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katy,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog with your kind words! I'm glad someone else out there love Cinderella for the same reason! :-)

    You have a lovely place here. Think I'll stop back sometime!

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. We finally had our first taste of Spring this week. Yeah!! I have had Megan and friends outside playing and got my cabbage plants in the ground. I can't wait to till up the big garden. Love the chickens chasing you... very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OHHHH! How I want some chickens so badly!! I would LOVVVVE it! You look too cute (well, your shadow anyway) with your apron on and chickens at your feet. One day, mark my words, I will have chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it amazing how the breath of spring just breathes new life into us? I'm so glad you like your apron, Katy!

    Those chickens are sooo funny! I can hardly wait to get ours. We are still gathering recycled wood to make them a nice safe shelter before we bring them home.

    Poor little fellow with strep. I'll be praying for him too!

    Blessings, Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy