Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Peanut Butter Squares


Do you ever get a hankering for something peanut buttery? I do! I love peanut butter. Well, I found this recipe in my recipe box and I have NO idea where it came from...but I tried it and they are really good!!! Here is the recipe for Peanut Butter Squares:

1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. margarine, soft (i used butter)
1/3 c. peanut butter
1 egg

1 c. flour
1 c. regular uncooked oats
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 9x13" pan. Mix the first 5 ingredients until smooth. Add last 4 ingredients and mix until moist and sticky yet sort of firm. Spread into pan. Bake 17-22 min. or until golden brown. You can ice if you desire....but I just sprinkled powdered sugar on top! :)

7 comments:

  1. Katy,
    These look sooo yummy.I have to make these!I have all of the ingredients on hand too:)I wish my camera was working so I could post a picture on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, these look yummy!! I am thinking this would make a great dessert for us tonight!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and I will be back. Your blog is so cute! I puffy heart the country theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know someone who is going to LOVE these! Thanks for sharing, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum..........! Peanut butter rules! ;) We are a very ehmm.. 'peanut buttery' people - the Dutch! I think our peanut butter is a little different that the US-version.. it features.. MORE peanuts! *lol* About 90% peanuts and just a little sugar and oil.

    Only we are not allowed to call anything that hasn't got more than 80% fat 'butter', so we translate it as 'peanut cheese' (pindakaas) How silly is that?

    Thanks for the recipe!! :)
    greetings from the netherlands..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to bake these!!! They sound YUMMY!!!!!!! Thanks!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yummo! I may make these tonight for after dinner. I think I have all the ingredients. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE anything peanut butter so I MUST try these! I have been trying to bake goodies for snacks around here but it's hard to keep them around here. Everyone snacks away and then complains that there isn't anything good! Hubby is the worst but he claims he doesn't like sweets! LOL

    ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy