Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thanks Amy!

My blog friend, Amy, from Tiny Blessings has awarded me this Excellent Blog award! I am totally flattered!!! Thank you sooo much Amy!!!!

Here are the rules for passing it on…"By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you have to award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want but please award at least 10. Feel free to award people who have already been awarded. Thank you out there for having such great blogs and being such great friends! You deserve this!"

AACK....I totally hate handing out awards....only for the simple fact that when i choose some people for it...it leaves others out....and i REALLY don't like doing that to anyone....Ya know? So....I am giving this out to every person on my fave blog list!!! You all have excellent blogs that I love to read!!! :o) So here is to: Kindra, Bun, Toni, Colleen, Sandra, Lea, Katie, Kerri, Courtney, Kim, Deb, Joy, Marion, Mandie, Devon, Jeanenne, Mrs. U, Leslie, Allison, Niki, Rosie, Andrea, Pam, Wendy, Paula, Monica, Erin and Amy!!! It is awesome knowing each of you!!!! :o)


I have some sad news.....yesterday...our outside dog, Mollie, got loose from her chain. She is a sweet and loving dog....she REALLY is! But the chickens were out and off she went....and she got one by the head/neck and ran all over with it. Chris had just gotten home from work and chased her...finally got her and the chicken was dead :(. I was soooo incredibly bummed and I know Chris was too....now we are down to 19....we started with 25 when we first got them. I know that we eat chicken (not our chickens though...we don't eat them! LOL)...and this is just what happens sometimes...but it still really stinks! Ya know?

But anyhoo~ I hope you all have a fantastic day! And as soon as my SIL sends me the pics of the bear...i will post about that!! i can't wait to tell you all about it!!! Happy Wednesday! ♥


14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Katy!!You are such a sweety!!I am so glad we met!!Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also so,so sorry about your chicken katy!I hope the kiddos are not too sad:(
    When you get a chance stop by my blog to pick up your award!!! I truly feel so blessed that I met you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, I am so sorry. It's hard losing a pet to predators, but even harder when one of our pets do it. hugs and blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the reward!

    I'm sorry about your chicken. And even harder when your dog did it.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so sweet! Thank you!!!
    I'm sorry about your chick......Kaira is kind-of a predator too. It's just their nature. We had a nest of baby bunnies in our backyard last year that we didn't know about until it was too late.....I was so so sad, and so mad at her. It was really hard to not act mad at her for being who she is, a dog. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain....I feel your pain. I admit that I cried when I buried her. The coop is soooooo quiet today!!!

    At least she was dead when you got to her and she probably did not suffer.
    still sucks though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a million for the award, Katy! Who knew one letter could hold so much meaning?

    Sorry about the chicken fiasco. That's a tough one for sure.

    Hope today's looking better...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Katy! I am blessed to know you. And you are excellent!

    I'm sorry about your sweet girl! My heart hurt just reading about it.

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the poor chicken!! Are the kids dealing with it alright? I guess the temptation was just to much for the dog.
    THANK YOU!! so much for my award I am so Blessed to have met all of you!! You bring so much into my life!! Have a great day!!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I am so sorry to hear about your chicken. Your blog is amazing and I love reading it! :) Sorry I have not been blogging lately! I have been taping shows. What was I thinking?? Hah! Maybe it is a good thing I wasn't thinking! If you get a minute, check it out. I'd love to hear what you think. I am inviting all my blog friends over for feedback. http://www.dishingwithdebbie.com/on-the-show-temp.php Your stories are great and my whole idea behind this show is for other moms to share real stories like you do. Sponsors are donating neat prizes like chocolate baskets and mini-chef aprons and way cool cookery stuff. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all thank you for the award, it means a lot :)

    Secondly....I would be crying about the chicken. You know dogs are just dogs, they don't know they're doing wrong but yeah....the poor chicken. That's sad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy, I'm sooooo sorry about your chicken!!!! That is so hard to see. I know how I cried when my cat got a bird at the bird feeder! I felt so guilty that I had "set the bird up" for that. Here's a big hug for you!!!!! Cora

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much Katy, that is so sweet! And I agree, I have so many places I love to visit, it's impossible for me to narrow it down to just a few!
    Sorry about losing one of your girls... I lost my favorite little hen and rooster last night to a stray dog! I'm so sad today, because they were such little sweethearts.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Katy ~ what a sad chicken story (Sad face)! I'd be bawling. I'd know he's just a dog, but I wouldn't talk to him for a week!

    You do deserve this award. You are such a sweetie! Thank you for sharing it with me.

    Smiles & hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy