Monday, April 14, 2008

Honor Your Husband~Challenge

My love, my best friend....my husband, Chris. He is such a wonderful man and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. His relationship with Christ has grown so much during our marriage and he loves the Lord and desires to serve Him. He is honest and caring and loving. He is giving and generous and kind.

He is honest inside and out, a man of his word, who is totally devoted to God and hates evil with a passion.
~Job 1:1 MSG
My husband has the passion of God burning inside him.
~II Cor. 11:12 MSG

He has such a sweet and loving heart. I feel so safe when wrapped in his arms. I desire to love him, serve him and honor him...all the days of my life. His sense of humor is wonderful! His charm is addicting and his hugs make me melt. Never have I been more loved or respected than by this man and I thank God DAILY for allowing me to be married to such a wonderful man!

I reverence my husband, I respect, honor, esteem, appreciate, prize and I admire, praise, am devoted to, deeply love and enjoy my husband.
~I Peter 3:2 AMP

Let each man love his wife as his very own self and let the wife see that she respects, adores and loves her husband. She praises him, loves him and admires him exceedingly.
~Ephesians 5:33

We pray together, we laugh together, we cry together (well..mostly I cry...I am so emotional...LOL), we love together, we live together and we worship together. We are ONE and I am completed only by the love of Jesus first and foremost and then by the union that He has allowed me to join in with Chris.

And now, I come to you with a challenge...to share with us the love of your life. Honor him. Share what you love about him...how he takes your breath away and what makes your heart go pitter patter!

I love him with all passion and intelligence and energy.
~Mark 12:33

Remind yourself why you fell in love with your man! Never take him for granted. He is a precious gift to you! Pray for your husband....daily. Lift him up. Prayer does a marriage good! ;o)

Let him kiss me with kisses of his mouth. How handsome you are, my lover! Oh how charming.
~Song of Solomon 1:2,16

I would LOVE to read a post on how you honor your husband! If you decide to take up my challenge...please leave the direct link to that particular post here on Mr. Linky! I (and many others) would love to read your special post to your sweetie! And feel free to leave a comment too! I would love to hear from you!!!!


10 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I did this on my blog not too long ago so I'm linking to that particular post. Thank you for sharing :-).

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!

    I'm not sure I'll post anything, not because I don't love my DH, but rather because his law enforcement career prohibits me from saying too much about him online. (Ever notice how there are no details on him in my posts? That's very intentional.)

    BTW, I'm loving this blue look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I got teary eyed reading your post! You sound like the best couple. HUGS Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea & today being Matt's birthday this is perfect for me to join in on=)
    Your love for your husband is so amazing. I think I have told you before how you both remind me so much of Matt & I. We are still like high school kids together & I pray we always stay that way. We have some great guys huh Katy=)
    We should be proud!

    P.S.
    Your blog looks so pretty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet couple you make, and bless you for honoring your hubby, like we all should more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post...it made me feel all warm inside! I love my dear husband deeply too, isn't it a blessing!

    Love Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy
    I have tried to put you on my blog as one of my favorite links, but it doesn't work. What should I do? You are awesome. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet coment. From what I see you are very busy, thanks for taking the time. Your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Katy, I will try that and see what happens. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How precious of you to honor your husband! I, too, am blessed to have a godly husband who is so devoted to the Lord and our family. I'll try to get a post up and link to you. But I'm still working on the home challenge ... I am so slow sometimes!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy