Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Proverbs~A Guide To Successful Living in Christ ~Chap. 6

Verses 1-5 warn of making "deals" and "pledges" with another person. These are dangerous promises ~ such as signing a loan for someone else (Dave Ramsey touches on this subject).

Verses 6-11 talk of a lazy person who procrastinates and doesn't prepare for the future. Only bad can come from this. Being wise means being prepared and ready.

Prov. 6: 16-19 ~ "These six things the Lord hates, yes seven are an abomination to him:
~ A proud look
~ A lying tongue
~ Hands that shed innocent blood
~ A heart that devises wicked plans
~ Feet that are swift running to evil
~ A false witness who lies
~ And one who sows discord among brethren,"
Verses 20-35 talk about adultery (and can also act as a metaphor as we will see again in chapter 7). They also discuss keeping the instruction of your parents close to your heart. I think it is such a shame that many parents do not follow God's laws and actually condone premarital sex and adultery....or if they don't condone it...they just turn the other way. So sad.

Prov. 6:32 "Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; He who does so destroys his own soul."

There are soooo many people I wish I could show that verse to. Not out of judgment for their behaviors...but as a warning to them and encourgament to stop the sin of adultery. Not only are they hurting each other, their families, spouses and friends...but also terribly hurting themselves!

We are not to permit lustful thoughts to overtake our minds nor let our eyes or heart be tainted. This is not always an easy thing...but it is what God instructs. Turn off that movie or tv show with the inappropriate love scenes. Isn't it funny...not funny..but more ironic..how many of us can tend to shield our kids from such inappropriate things..but not shield ourselves..??

I encourage you all to strive for purity in what you do. Repent of past sins...and start anew if need be. My name, Katy, actually means "pure". I am going to strive for just that! I want to do right in all I say and do and keep my mind pure and blameless as possible! xoxo Have a wonderful day everyone!!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Katy,
    Thanks for the reminders!I think you did an excelent job defining all of the important issues Proverbs chap.6 talks about!
    When you get a chance,stop by my blog.i answered your question about me not driving:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy thanks for stopping by and your right I do find I spend lots of hours reading blogs!!! I really love your graphics and tried to do some of my own and screwed it all up!!LOL Hope you have a Blessed night!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you need to change the calendar on your left sidebar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I can't remember where I found your blog, but I've been stopping back to visit now and then. I appreciate your inspirational posts.

    I am far from perfect, and I'm not as familiar with the Bible as I probably should be. This post in particular, for me, strikes such a chord because it is SO easy to forget to do the right thing. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen!!! Glad to "meet" you, Katy! - Aimee

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy