Saturday, April 19, 2008

Update on mission trip to Romania....


So....as I have mentioned before...my husband is going on a mission trip to Romania in June. He will be leaving in 62 days. I am so so nervous...he will be gone for 10 days and I have NEVER been away from him for that long since we have been together! I know God is calling him though and that this is what he needs to do...so that is what keeps me supporting this trip.

They will be helping build a church, helping with food/clothes distribution and also visiting an orphanage! (They even get a couple days to sight see!) I would LOVE to go myself....but I know that God isn't calling me for this and I also need to be home with my children....THAT is my mission at this point in my life~to raise up my children right! :o)

Chris needs to add it all up...but I do believe he has the money to go. Friends and family have been incredibly generous! They have all been such a blessing! Chris has MANY thank you notes to write! He has been covered in prayer as well...and I thank you all for the saying a prayer for him and his team. Chris has never flown...let alone over the Atlantic Ocean! But I do believe God is going to touch lives through Chris's obedience to go...as well as the rest of the team!

So again....thank you all for the prayers!!! They are greatly appreciated!!!! xoxo

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful trip and opportunity for him! I wish him all the best and guidance from God during this whole journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for him that he gets to go....we currently help support a couple (on a yearly basis)who have committed to spend years in Africa doing missionary work with children who have AIDS. They are getting ready to have a baby themselves any day now and I'm just so proud of them! It's a huge sacrifice that not many people can/or get the opportunity to do. If he ends up being short of funds please write about it and I will see if we can help a little bit for you all too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy! It was wonderful to read about your husband's mission trip...and it will be hard when he is gone, missing him. How neat though that you will be able to share more closely than anyone else, as his wife, all the things he will tell you when he gets back. :) I wanted to revisit you sooner, but my son has been suffering with strep throat all week. :( Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome opportunity!!! My soon went to Costa Rica on a Missions trip when he we 16 with our churches youth group!! And I have a niece who has been to many places for missions so I know the importance and also the nervousness!!! And your part in this by taking care of the home front is just as important as it will leave your hubby free to just do what God wants him to do!! Be Blessed as you both step into what God has for the both of you!!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris is in God's hands and he will be more than fine I'm sure. :)

    I'll be flying over the Atlantic too soon, I'll definitely be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers as I have been doing.

    I can not wait to hear all about it.

    Huge hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Katy, i think it's wonderful that your hubby is going! it will change his life, and yours by extension. i hope he has a total blast. he and the other members of the team will bless so many people with their hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful oppertunity for your husband!He will be blessed for having a heart that wants to serve others!As for you,don`t worry about being away from him for thoes days!I`m sure you will miss him,but maybe you and the kids can start a little journal of events that happened while he was gone and give it to him as a gift when he comes back!
    our church also has a mission trip every year to Jamaca.It is tough for the people that go because they have to stay in an area that is very dangerous and poverty stricken.They go to minister to the children there and God is doing amazing things through them!!And through your husband!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy