Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Our Schoolroom '10-'11

Here is our schoolroom, set up for this year. I apologize for the blurry picture...I didn't realize it was so blurry until I uploaded it...but you get the general idea! ;) The pictures below turned out a bit clearer!

We started our school year, already. We began at the beginning of this month. I like to get a good start for the year. The Christian Light Education curriculum we are using is great. Lots of good learning!

Our schoolroom is small and simple but works really well for us! Below is a picture of *my* side of the room...it may look a bit cluttered...but between school stuff and all my stuff for tax collecting...I just keep it as organized as I can! :)

I started making the 8-point stars that I have seen on Jewels blog. I love them! Aren't they pretty? Have you seen them before? If you haven't made them but would like to try...there is a great tutorial HERE. :)


One of the *many* benefits to educating your children at home is you can do schoolwork almost anywhere! Sometimes, on warmer days (the schoolroom can tend to be warmer than other rooms in the house), we will sit in the dining room under the ceiling fan. It's much cooler there, although the fan tends to blow papers away...always good for some giggles! :)

And one of the absolute *best* places for the greatest learning, is snuggled close to daddy, while he helps you read! ;)

Thank you so much for visiting! The week has been busy and still lots planned! I, cringing at this admitting this, am actually looking forward to the slower days of winter! I can hardly believe I have typed that...but it's true. I am exhausted and ready for rest! :) I *am* quite thankful, though, for all the beautiful days of summer I have been blessed with. Each one uniquely it's own. I hope you are having a beautiful summer, as well. I hope it is full of joyful busy-ness so when the snow flies ~ *you* can rest in the slower days!

I hope you will come again soon! If you are interested in seeing other homeschool rooms, you can go HERE to Heart of the Matter online. :)

Cheerfully,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

32 comments:

  1. I love the old fashion feel so nice and quaint - have a great school year

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely place to learn..Have a great week..
    glad your mom is doing better..PTL..
    hugs and prayers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a wonderful place to learn Katy, enjoy your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your schoolroom! It is inspiring and charming. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy~the schoolroom looks very country and cozy.Yes that is true about Homeschooling the classroomcan be any where.Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looking at the picture of your schoolroom makes me want to pull out my college books and study. I love how inviting it looks - and it's all so organized! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures!

    I am so grateful for you - I used the knitting links you've posted to get back into the hang of knitting again and I got my younger brother interested in it as well! =D

    Hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tire of reading your homeschool posts. We won't be starting school until after Labor Day but I've got plans for a classroom in the house we're in now. Thank you for the link to the 8 pointed stars. They look like a lot of fun.
    God Bless,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great space you have, thanks for letting me take a peek inside. I love the warm country feel. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great schoolroom, Katy. Could I enroll to be your student? Makes me want to study.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think you are an amazing mother! this is so cool what you are doing! i would not have the patience for what you are doing! you must have to jump into a certain character when you switch to being teacher. like the stars too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice schoolroom! I love those colorful stars in the window. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet pic of your hub and son also of your little girl! This is homeschooling at its best! Happy new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your schoolroom! The big chalkboard, the big map! So neat!

    What book is your hubby reading to your boy in that last pic? We're always looking for good reading material for our almost 6 year old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katy, looks like an excellent place to do some learning .... the picture with dad is precious it is so important for both mom and dad to be in on encouraging the learning :O) Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely learning environment, lots of space for school, yet still very homey. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the daddy pictures. Great space. Thanks for sharing. I am also waiting for school to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You schoolroom looks nice and has a feel of learning. I like the pictures of casual reading. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your room looks wonderful. i love that we can homeschool anywhere too! a great benefit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely darling. I felt relaxed and cozy just looking at it! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your school room looks lovely!
    I love the stars! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    You have a pretty blog too.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for dropping by my school room:) I love yours, especially that big chalkboard! I know what you mean about moving to cooler spaces, too, our learning room is on the *hot* end of our house.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful look to your school-room.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! I am so excited to begin our first year of homeschooling this year. I'm in the process of setting up our school room. I have ordered curriculum and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. We're starting after Labor Day so I have a little time left. I'll post the schoolroom pics on my blog when it's all ready to go. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Snuggling while reading? Terrific! Thanks for sharing your school room!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always love seeing your cozy area that your home education takes place. I have an area like you and we have times we are at the kitchen table or couch like ya'll do too. I love the pic of your daughter with her hair tucked behind her ear, comfy in the chair doing her work. And then daddy involved in reading with the lils. Your chalk board is so neat. What a blessing to get that. Thanks for sharing the link to look at other homeschool rooms. Warm hug and sile, Angelia in TX

    ReplyDelete
  26. very bright, comfortable, and cheery looking. Blessings! Hope to hear from you soon!
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your photos~ and I love your outside view! I too am looking forward to the slower pace of winter. (Just not all the snow)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your schoolroom looks very comfy and cozy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome school room! Those stars are really cool, I may just have to make some!! The picture of Daddy and Son reading is PRICELESS!!

    P.S. I LOVE your name suggestions, especially Cora (actually that was my husbands Great Grandmother's name! - She died shortly after her first child - his grandpa- was born.) I may just have to bring that suggestion up to my hubby!

    May God Bless your children, school and teaching this year!

    www.AFarmhouseFull.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love how you use your space and LOVE the tissue paper stars! Going to make some today!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Katy :)
    I found your place via Rosie's Ramblings, what a charming life you lead! And what a small world, that the how-to link you posted for the window stars is the blog of one of my very dearest of friends. <3

    So nice to meet you, I'll be visiting again, I'm sure!

    Birdy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy